Tuesday, June 19, 2007

art today

i've had a relatively artsy day considering the busy tilt of my life at the moment.....

1. at VBS today i spent most of my time in the arts and crafts room....we have a habitat for humanity theme so the kids were all painting houses....i however, was painting paper towels.....just piling them up on top of each other to collect the extra moisture.....i came home with a big pile....and have spray fixed them now....i think that will work .....they look groovy tie dyed.....

2. i MEANT to work on my deadline painting, due tomorrow (eek!) ....but instead worked on a monopoly board and background.....it is looking groovy....i was going to put a mona on it but it just wasn't happening for me......so instead i'm doing flowers....in a very nice go to jail kind of vase....not done....but nearly....even if i did happen to be done, i'm not sure i'd be snapping a photo for you...since i'm not sure my camera has been unpacked from my trip....mom and roberta have both sent me links to their zillion photos, but no, not me......mine are in the camera which is in a pile on my desk (i hope!) ....so....just to be clear....i did some groovy toovy work on a monopoly piece....large....three foot square......

3. i did a collage for tomorrow's VBS.....i used a magazine (real simple) to find swaths of color...and used them to make a simple house scene....house, grass, tree, sunshine....all on a dictionary page.........julia said it wasn't my best work, but that it would be fine as an example.....

4. i ripped 100 and something pages out of my dictionary ....so the kids can each have a dictionary page to work on if they want....i bet some won't want to....too weird! .....this is my second dictionary and it's at about half shred.......it used to be about three inches thick......my first art attacked dictionary was less than two inches thick ....

5. i have a mona lisa with yellow sleeves and a red tank top...and lands end pants and shoes......ready to hold some yellow flowers......but my deadline painting group (deadline tomorrow at midnight!!) has a theme of food......edible.....i need to go look and get the exact wording.......so, i was thinking i could have her with something edible.......i've been eating a lot of watermelon of late....maybe mona would like that too.....

6. i woke up thinking about art......sweet drew had gotten in my bed when he woke up.....so i told him i had a deadline on wednesday.....he hassled ME about not doing it ahead of time......wonder where he's heard THAT lecture before....ugh....then he came up with two FAB ideas that i had not thought of....do another mona ice cream cone....one has sold, one is at lola's gallery....there's a spot in my house where HE thinks we should have our own mona ice cream......** .......his other great idea was lollypop flowers.....which i've never done but sure sounds appealing.....how'd he think of that......just when i think he isn't paying attention, he knows me better than i thought he did.....

**and the asterisks up there were to hold that thought....i have a problem in my house because any piece i create, spends some time in my family room or haning up somewhere.....and, with alarming frequency, someone becomes attached to a piece and gets annoyed with me when i SELL it.....you sold MY favorite piece? ....where is the ______painting? ...... and instead, i'm the opposite....i wish they would all just magically transport from my house into the home where they are meant to be....

....now it is time to make dinner.....so, just to put that off, perhaps i'll look for my camera....and download pics....and edit them....and upload them to kodak gallery....and email them to everyone i know......surely no one is actually hungry...they could have ice cream or watermelon......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeee... just want to clarify....

;)

...around here VBS stand for Vacation Bible School...it sounds like your's is VAS....Vacation Art School!

...maybe you already used the Bible for art??? I picture your kids in your VBS class ripping out pages in the Bible (like your girls w/ the dictionary) and painted Noah's ark animals on them! (kinda a cool vision though, don't you think...)

and...since this is long anyway...I was at the library yesterday and they have a FREE section...I found a big ole huge dictionary there to bring home (to add to my many others) for art! Just an idea of a place to get art supplies..

and...they had a ton of Reader's Digest books, which have beautiful artist covers/backs...I wanted to take them for that, but felt like I might be disrespectin' the library and what it stood for....

...love your posting today!

e.beck.artist said...

well it IS vacation bible school....but since i'm one of the people in charge of it we actually have two art centers every day.....ha! can't ever have too much art!