Wednesday, September 15, 2010

painted papers ...

here's my paper storage ... i cleaned it up today .... all the painted papers are stored on the clipboards by color ....this is my biggest mess making endeavor any time i am painting ... i pull out the clip boards and take out papers to hold up to the canvas and up against other papers ... and i'm not great about cleaning up after myself ...so a new solution to my slobbiness is this nice wooden box ...that came with a wooden bead set for little kids in it ... but the bead bit is long gone ... but the box was cool so i've kept it and repurposed it multiple times ... for now it is holding snippets ... happy, colorful paper snippets ....
all my little bits of papers that are PERFECT colors but not really big enough for clip boards anymore are going in here ..this way too, when i cut out clouds or houses or flowers that don't work, i can stick them in here and maybe find and use them later ....

and below are six small canvases that are ready to go ... the first two steps are accomplished ... they are papered and they are glazed ...
now they are ready to become whatever it is they are meant to be ...

today i had a meeting in the morning so my exercise class was pre-empted ... so i went to my exercise class at noon ... and that's just wrong ... i am clearly not meant to be a noon time exerciser ... i had trouble getting going and was kinda crabby about the whole thing ... what's up with that? i'm not usually crabby ... even when i'm exercising .... and i came home hot and tired and not really wanting to do art ... but i did it anyway in a few stolen minutes between my have-to-do's .... so that is why i only have backgrounds ... and not some happy finished bit for you ....

maybe tomorrow? i hope to have at least one finished tomorrow ... though it will have to be done during stolen minutes cause the calendar is pretty full....

see ya tomorrow ....

4 comments:

artmom said...

glad you are back to the blog and to painting.....I have a paper collecting box too....an old white milk crate from somewhere. Only problem is the wee pieces slither out the holes on to the floor-which defeats the desire for organization factor. Not to worry, mostly using just paint lately and not collage!

cath c said...

oh, even ms happy can be crabby once in a blue moon...

great organizing! happy painting, even if a bit crabby.

Parabolic Muse said...

Oh, I love my painted papers stash! I have mine in a cardboard box, and there's no way that they could be organized, because every time I tried to do so, when I needed something I always had to spread them all out anyway!

be good to yourself!

Mary said...

you know I remember seeing someone store their paper on clipboards by color but could not remember who!! Thanks for posting it again - it was you! :)

I love how you organized them, a great idea!!!

Blessings!