Saturday, May 7, 2011

do your best ....


earlier this year i hurt my back ... kinda my neck ... c4,5,6 and maybe c7 vertebrae ... or maybe c 5,6,7 ... the ones that would make my hand go numb cause of pinched nerves ... and pain and ouch and oh my aching back .... but i'm better now .... but i took 6 weeks off of all exercise ... and 8 weeks off of big exercise ... and for the last two or so months i've been trying to get back to where i was when i stopped .... so, i'm working my way back up to big exercise .... and getting there ... although at my exercise class i have to do modified stuff .... i don't do any weights over my head, i use lighter weights than i had been, i don't do the treadmill over a 9% incline cause it throws my posture out of whack ....
but, with all that said ... i've just been trying my hardest, doing my best even when it isn't that great .... i went to my class today .... an hour of hard exercise then 15 minutes of stretching ... then, two hours of tennis in the sunshine with three pals ..... my arms were like noodles by the end .... and no back pain!.... i'm getting there ....

that painting is six inches square ... done in just the last couple of weeks .... vintage papers, transparent fluid acrylics, happy collage bits ....

have you been doing your best on something in particular?

1 comment:

Darla said...

I've been doing my best to get my exercise in. I walk 6 mornings a week and have since last July. I'm up to 2+ miles in an hour. Sometimes it feels boring and I want to quit but I push myself. Nothing like your exercise regime but I'm... uh... older, hahaha.

Darla