Tuesday, November 12, 2013

box of joy

so .... for this month i am working on a mandala course ...

i'm meant to do one a day, following a theme, instead, i've done two and sometimes three a day ...one to theme, one just following the whims of my doodles.... so on my coffee table now, i have an art box (formerly a clementine box) of joy .... all the things i need to keep my mandala practice on course are in there....

i gathered up some art books that i have (one on doodling, two on lettering, i might should add more), my 8x12 journal (70 pages), an old ruler, a new flexi ruler (super coolio), a green template circle maker, a compass, a protractor (i have a mental block on those, which is which? compass? protractor?) a prismacolor 24 pack of colored pencils, a dozen fine point sharpies, a dozen extra fine sharpies, and some extra pencils and erasers .... little.e.beck.artist has started keeping her journal in my box too .... what can be better than side by side coloring ....
 it is an interesting thing to me that by reorganizing something you already have, it seems better or more useful. i haven't looked at these books lately .... but now they are awesome all over again. i have sharpies, but just by moving some permanently to a box on my coffee table they become much used.  with a little thought, or a mandala prompt, the ordinary becomes extraordinary. love that.

No comments: