Thursday, December 5, 2013

other plans ....

i think my mandala journey was multi faceted .... i am not sure this picture is reallyreally a mandala ... it is more just circle art ... it has none of the calming effect that a symmetrical mandala has .... no symmetry at all .... but, still done during my mandala time .... and i'm calling it a mandala cause it is in my mandala journal .... thoughts on my mandala journey:
- i joined the mandala group because it seemed to be somewhat of an offshoot from another group (the dyl camp's facebook page) ....lots of people that i admired/enjoyed/liked from there were doing it, so it seemed a nice way to stay connected to them ... that worked.
- i bought a big bold 70 page journal and decided i would do 70 mandalas ... even though the class called for 30 ....
- after the fact, i read that a square page was recommended .... oops ... my lovely rectangular journal was still calling my name..... this bit is particularly funny to me cause i'm a square girl. most of my art canvases are square .... in fact, last night, talking to a pal about a painting she said, it's square, right? .... that's how square i am ... she just knew it was square.
- i was unhappy with my first mandala being on a large rectangular page ... all that negative space .... so i filled it up with a quote .... and had a new plan .... 70 mandalas with 70 favorite quotes ... and i'm a planner! i love having an idea and running with it....

..... and that's the lead in to the quote .... life is what happens when you make other plans .... i did not finish the mandalas in the prescribed time ... but that's ok ... even good ... i'm going to keep going .... until i'm done ... i have a march 1 deadline for myself ... only cause i kinda work better with a deadline .. with a plan ... until life happens and gets in the way of the plan....

No comments: