Tuesday, December 15, 2009

... a good day .....

so ... just a quick ten good things for you .... 

1.... my dog is wearing a sweater ... with a hood .... so cute
2... sold a painting today ... this one .... good and texturey ... makes me want to paint .... 
3... having a brunch tomorrow for my women's group ... and with age i have discovered ... i LOVE throwing a party ... if ... big if .... if i don't cook ... so ... 20 pals for a potluck morning and gift swap ... 
4....lunch out today with the twins ... they had half day because of exams (boo! hiss! exams!)
5....little.e.beck.artist made banana bread today and was filled with joy over the mixer usage (we should all find joy in such ordinary things as mixers)
6 ... i ate banana bread tonight for dessert .... a fan favorite ... 
7... grill cheese and soup for dinner ... easy peasy happiness ... comfort food on a rainy examy day .... 
8..... i made a friend standing in line at the post office today (the not-so-great post office visit needs a happy spin) ... she and i bonded over how many people in line needed post office remediation .....  (i just deleted all the snarky things we were whispering to each other about .. that doesn't go on a happy list ...)
9.... the amaryllis bulb that allison gave me is tall and huge and gorgeous and blooming ... and it is blooming ORANGE .... how perfect is that for orangey me?
10 .... i just  (four whole minutes ago) ordered my christmas cards .... putting me nearly a week ahead of my usual seasonal schedule .... in my world, ordering them by the 20th is good and on time ....

so? got any happiness going on .... good day?

2 comments:

aimee said...

those all look great to me! and if you can put a happy spin on the post office line, then i need to come and take lessons in positivity from you!

cath c said...

fun, fun, fun! i find joy in mixers, too. it's a spinny thing. my love is so great, i even had a short stint as a pro baker, but the hours were not happy - 2am-11am.