Thursday, March 1, 2012

so what do you do when .....

i write little notes .... 
my house is dotted in them ... 
my backsplash behind my sink, and out in both directions for three more feet each way, i have notes ... 
inside cupboards? notes .... 
currently, the downstairs bathroom mirror has a note that says ... whenever i see your smiling face, i have to smile myself because i love you ... yes i do .... 
do you think my family rolls their collective eyes when they see that? or do they not even notice it anymore .... 
i sing it every time i see it .... 
so my house is running out of space for tidy displays of notes .... so i have some untidy note spots ... 
and some notes get tatty and taken down when i have a new one to replace it ... 
but as often as not, i'm so attached to the words, that when i think one has gotten too curled or messy or splashed, i just remake it ... in a nicer handwriting or a colored paper .... 
by each of my children's beds there are notes i've written them ... some are years old .... 
have they become attached to oddball scraps of papers too? 
maybe
is that ok?
probably... 
so, the perfect spot for my notes? someplace that not everyone can see .... inside cupboards, tucked away inside closet doors ... places where a cursory glance from a visitor wouldn't find any .... 

tonight, i read this quote online: 
it is better to know HOW to learn than to know. dr. seuss.

i just LOVE LOVE LOVE that.
so i grabbed a sharpie (whole jar of them right here beside my computer) ... grabbed a scrap paper (because it is right here beside my computer.. the back of last year's page a day calendar) instead of fancy paper (would have had to get up and go to my supplies and dug through the box that says groovy art papers and that's a whole give a mouse a cookie thing) ... and i wrote that suessy quote of joy down .... 
and then i looked for where to put it ... 
nothing behind the sink needed replacing ... the cupboards would need total reorganization cause if i'd put it in, the note would have been so high that only mr.e.beck.artist could have seen it usually ... 

so ... the space i've been conserving ... trying not to fill up ... yup ... that's where it is going .... 

in the fridge ... 
on the door .... 

left to right, pesto jar on top of garlic, jelly, a lawry's marinade, blackberry jelly, soy sauce in front of something, wine, syrup, worsteschire, vinaigrette dressing .....

and the quotes ... 
every morning that you wake up is another chance to get it right.
a love note (actually a love email... the entire body of the email is : i love you) ... from one of my kids..
always try to be a little kinder than necessary.
love me when i least deserve it because that's when i really need it.
  a fortune cookie note (or maybe it is from a christmas popper?) a day without laughter is like a day without sunshine.
and my new seuss note .... 

does your fridge make you happy? 

1 comment:

Darla said...

Love your quotes in the fridge. In fact I just love quotes and would be a happy camper if you'd let me walk around your house and peek in all those secret places.

Darla