Saturday, June 16, 2007

hi, honey....i'm home.....

...i'm home...and too tired to enchant you with a photo attachment....my camera is tucked away in some bag still......my three children and i have spent a week with my parents and one of my brothers and his lovely wife and four fabulous children.....in case your math skills are tremulous today, that is SEVEN happy cousins.......it was so great to be with them.....and so sad to leave them....but then, awfully nice to come back to my husband and the dog.....i'm pretty sure he is wondering who we all missed more...him or the dog......but she's still a puppy.....just missing a day with her and she grows and changes so much.......

i'm certain i could ramble on FOREVER having not been on a keyboard for a week......so i'll try to be organized in my thoughts...

1. i JUST had a revelation....i really, really, really like typing.......the whole notion of putting down what i think as i think it is appealing......i've had bits of my life when i've really wanted to be a writer.....maybe i'm not going to grow up and be a writer.....but i sure do like it still......

2. i bought 7 groovy scrapbooky journals at the dollar spot at target (i adore that dollar spot!) and i took them to the beach .....we seven girls had artsy journalling nearly every day......my mom is an artist....my sis in law, roberta, was a queen scrapbooker ten years ago and is very crafty artsy....and of course all four little grils are artists....aged six to 11, none of them have any doubts about their complete artistic ability.....how old are we when we lose that confidence?....so.....while away, i did a few pages in my doodle journal and my sketch journal......but i finished out my WHOLE entire journey journal.........yippee for finished projects! .....(have i ever mentioned that i filled in an entire HUGE journal for my england trip as well?)

3. one of the BESTEST things i've ever had the good sense to buy was (last summer) a very groovy kodak camera bundled on amazon with a printer dock......the whole caboodle is quite small...and portable...and travels well....it's gone on loads of trips......so, it went to the beach....and the seven journalling girls printed out pics for their books..... reminding me all over again how groovy that camera and printer are.......

4. i have a deadline painting group DEADLINE this week....and of course have not done anything for it....ack.....i'm sure i'll be able to scrounge through my canvases and find one that has a luscious background and be inspired by it...otherwise, i have some long work to do!!!

5. i came home today to ninety-ish emails on one email address......200 on another email address....and 6 on another.....did i read them? nope....first i checked in on all the blogs that i follow.......that's a lot of reading! i no longer need reality tv ...instead i have reality art blogs to pass my evenings.......i'm still sitting next to the hubby on the couch.......i just can let him have the remote more often........is that bad? i wield the remote in our family! well.....not during the super bowl or world series or big things that i don't care about! ........where was i ? oh...... i love my art blogs....
not to self: i need to update my blog list of blogs i read........

6. when i do a canvas, i prop it up in my family room...on the mantle, on the shoe table, on the book shelf, by the tv...in front of the fireplace....just wherever it fits......depending on how much i've been producing........so...coming home today it was funny to look at my art...some of it that i hadn't thought about at all.....had i forgotten about those new monoploly flowers? i LIKED them a lot.....and there are some jump for joy pigs hanging on the wall by my bathroom....very cute...what painting was there that i was willing to take down to put up the new pigs?

7. I got my letter from marist about the fall art show.......i paid...i'm in......and i'm worried i don't really, really, really want to do it....i sold a bunch at it last year......but i'm not sure i want to be an art fair girl.....not that i'm sure i know what i do want to be....just an artist whose works are miraculously sold with little effort.....so they don't pile up too, too high in the basement...... it is a bit of a pain that i most love HUMONGO canvases.......small would be easier to store and transport.....anyway.......i didn't give away much of my art for christmas last year...but maybe have to this year......postman, you did such a great job for me this year, have a three foot by four foot canvas as a small token of my esteem......whaddaya mean you don't like flowers made out of dictionaries......no, you have to take it.......

8. my mom and dad brought me a hand me down book of the new york times front pages....and TOLD me to use them in my art.......they offered the book to me and i said no...they told me to do art with it....and well, whaddaya know.....i'm going to be doing new york times tulips soon, i suppose......

9. i now feel the need to doodle....this will be a week of stolen art minutes...i have no grand expanses of time scheduled for studio time...oh no!! .......but....stolen minutes can work.....we'll see how it goes......check back!

No comments: