Wednesday, February 20, 2008

it's just a wednesday ....

heidi, groovy blogger of cookies and artsy endeavors, has awarded me a "you make my day award" ... thanks heidi .... you frequently make my day! i love reading your blog and about your art ..... 

so .... i'm supposed to name ten blogs that make my day .... bloggers that are groovy .... blogs i dig ..... so here goes .... 

1. my sweet sister in law, roberta, at mom on the run ......
2. groovy, knitty girl, jeannie, at knit resolutions ... she's a newbie ... leave a comment for her for sure! 
3.darla ... from bayside to mountainside blog...... she's artsy and a big reader .... i always go look up the books she's reading on amazon ..... i'm a huge reader but haven't gotten to where i post my books .... 
4.... vallen is a groovy blogger ... at queenly things .... and she always is showing groovy stuff, lately lots of fiber arts.... but she's kind of collagey too .... oh, and when i first started visiting her blog regularly, she had a button thing going on ..... and you know i just adore buttons .... 
5 ... sharon is a fab artist at norah's art .... i'm really inspired by how beautiful her work is ... 
6.... and rebecca ....  at cre8tiva .... she is also an inspiring artist ... for every bit of happy and giddy and goofy i am about my art and in my art work, she is soulful and spiritual and deep ..... and her art is just lovely gorgeous......

ok ..... so i'm supposed to do ten ... but i'm not a good direction follower ... and need to stop that portion of my post so i can focus on american idol ..... we just finished watching a recording or the boys singing last night ... and now we've watched a bit of the girls ..... there are five boys that i love ... and so far NO girls that i love ...  

and.... i did NO art today .... but to have a happy day, i need art or tennis ... and i had two hours of tennis .... and three parent teacher conferences (dear god, thank you for my three EASY children, i am so lucky they are mine. amen)  ..... and my kids had a half day ..... and little league season officially began .... but no art ... sorry if that's why you're checking my blog!!

..and last, but not least .... LASIK surgery tomorrow ... eek .... my coping skill is to just ignore it and not think about it... blech ... when i think about it i get freaked... they are going to cut a flap up off the front of my eye ...then shave off the irregularities in there ... and then whomp that flap back down .... twice! ick .... ok ... i just thought about it ... that's bad!! ha .... 

ok ... i'll add in an edit later tonight of my idol picks .... in case anyone cares ...well, i know roberta cares .... i'm doing it for her .... 

so, here's what i think .... my favorites are boys ... but there are way more great girls than boys .... more boys who are really just not so great .... 

NO (five boys, 1 girl)

david hernandez

chakezie

jason 

danny noriega

garrettt

amy davis


YES(five boys, seven girls)

david cook

robbie

david archuleta

jason castro 

michael johns

alaina

amanda ...rocker ..

brooke

alexandrea

asia

ramele

sayesha


MAYBE( like them all, don't adore them)

luke

colton

kristy cook

joanne b.

kady

carly


did you watch idol? who was your fave? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, YES!, you know we do...I like Syesha...is that how you spell her name?? Good luck with the eye surgery tomorrow.
Love, Roberta

Anonymous said...

I like Ramiele alot
And there are some good guys -- David seems good yet young
Hugs for your day today!

jeannie

Darla said...

Thank you e. for my award, reading that you honored me made my morning.

I'm thinking of you this morning and hoping the eye surgery goes smoothly and quickly.

(((Hugs)))

Darla

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Well heck, you just made my day! Thank you for the shout out and award. I'll be back in a little to click on all the others. Yea! more new blogs to read.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a regular blog, although I've been known to blog on my Myspace occasionally. So...no award for me. lol But I do read the blogs...wel, yours and Jeannies, mainly...and I adore them! As for AI...I think Syesha is phenom...not liking Danny Noriega too much...he seems to cocky or something. So yes, if this blog turns into regular Idol chitchat, I shall actively particpate!

Anonymous said...

Hey Roberta - can't seem to leave you a message on your blog -- but read the pslams verse you quoted

there is a song called "better is one day" by a group Kutless that uses that verse -- it is cool we sing it alot
Jeannie

Heidi said...

Thinking of you today....and your eye surgery...

AI....I keep saying how good the YOUNG talent is this season! And of course I have cheer our Oregon girl on! I like Syesha and David... A few of them really bombed...but won't mention names!