Tuesday, March 18, 2008

oh my goodness i had a grand and busy day ....love that!

i had such a great day and i have all sorts of pictures to show for it ..... i haven't had pictureful posts lately....so, since i do, i will ..... (i'm using jj's camera.....did i ever tell you that i forgot my camera at my mom's house? that was two trips ago ....but she'll bring it back to me when i meet her at a week long art workshop .... yippee zippy hooray for that .... i drive to greenville and turn right ....and then when it is GORGEOUS, i'm almost there....but i digress.... nothing new with that... i'll tell you more about that trip when it's a bit closer!)  
so....my day ..... 
my studio looks well loved, lived in, useful ..... and messy ..... 
i guess, in my world, it isn't actually that bad ... but i did end up doing some painting on the floor today....just because the table was filled up! ...... if you go over to my flickr site here ... you can roll your mouse over this same pic and i've put all sorts of happy labels on it .....
and below, some of my process .... after i use my largest plastic stencils, i usually just plop them on the floor to dry ..... which would be why my tiny white dog frequently has colorful paws.....
that mass of green-ness, day after st. patrick's day, is a map .... i had extra green from some stencil letters i'd done ..... and didn't want to waste it ..... so i whipped out a map that i bought while in florida ... my dad took the kids and me on a bike ride throught their neighborhood while their was a garage sale-palooza .... we went to about 20 houses ...could have gone to forty, but i spent my ten dollar budget .....anyway ...there was a bin of maps ..... 50cents each .... i bought 25 maps AND the bin they came in for three dollars ... yeehaw .... and now this map of chicago suburbs is destined to be ...oh....leaves on flowers or a tree .... or maybe a pear .... or a giant mona lisa frock ..... we'll see....one day ..... in the meanwhile it will sit on my floor .... um...i mean, in the meanwhile , it is dry and i'll fold it back up and put it on the clipboard for green painted papers ... uh huh ...soon ....i'll do that soon .....
and below, six backgrounds that are done ... well, done as far as backgrounds go .... papered, painted, glazed, stenciled, stamped...... if they sit around in my studio long enough i 'll decide they aren't quite right and keep working them ...until they shout out to me what the next bit should be .... that top left one? it shouted out what it needed .... i finished  it today ..... 
actually, i finished seven of these 12 inch square backgrounds today ...and the green one that i THOUGHT i'd finish today was left out of this photo so it would be neat and tidy .... instead, i chose the blue one ...

here's what i did with the blue one .... 
if you click right here, you'll head over to this pic in flickr .... where i explain the whole process ... and what my wee brain was thinking while creating .....
and here's a larger image of the final piece, one nest, one egg ..... 
i didn't actually have easter eggs in mind when i made it, but i have promised my kids an easter egg coloring fest on friday ....when we have no school .... we're going to blow the eggs .... do you do that? we save our eggs from year to year even ..... i'm sure i'll post pics ... come back for that.....

and last but not least ..... this is on my kitchen table ......
where have all the green jelly beans gone? 
wish i could blame the kids ..... 
what's your favorite color jelly bean .....









5 comments:

Heidi said...

Not green. NO GREEN for me, thank you. Should I send you any greens I get? Red. Please.

I love your nest egg painting. It's gorgeous!

*Heidi*

Anonymous said...

jelly beans are not really a fave of mine -- says the candy queen
but I like red and orange
jeannie

Darla said...

Love the lone egg. I'm going to have to figure out the Flicker thing one day.

Jelly beans? The candy store we go to has bins and bins, I like the coconut (white) and the mocha (light brown).

Darla

Vallen said...

Of the old fashioned kind of jellybeans, I like black and red. Of the new fangled kind I love buttered popcorn the best.
Love the nest.

crimsoncat05 said...

I am an oddball, and love the black ones- my Mom and I used to fight over them!! As far as jelly bellies, pink grapefruit is the best!! I love reading about your creative process... great idea for using up your leftover paint to start other projects; I'll definitely have to try that!!