Thursday, April 17, 2008

yippity zippity zappity happity

have you ever said something ....and then wondered if you are the only person to have ever said that exact same sentence? i did today....i actually do it often .... youngest.e.beck.artist said it was cause i'm always saying weird things .... today, to her, i said ..... " i wish feather boas grew like hedges " i'll just let you mull that one over yourself ..... i wouldn't want to overexplain a magical sentence like that ..... i'll just give you one more tidbit ... aforementioned feather boa? hot pink ..... 

...and away from the magical permutations of our language and on to the business at hand: art .... 
this is an art blog afterall .... 
and yesterday i PROMISED orange fabulosity today ..... 
....yet ..... this is what you get ..... 
shoes ... new shoes ... but just shoes ..... my orange shoes ... newest pair of shoes for me ..... 
remember this post? it's an orange thing going on .... in my closet ... in my life ... 
but i meant to have orange art for you ... alas .... i am orange artless ......instead, i'll show you the orange painted papers i'm working with ...... 
do they do anything for you? i'm still working on them ... but apparently not hard enough .... thirty inch square canvas of oranginess is doing nothing for
 my artistic momentum ... so ... bear with me ..... while i don't have art to show you ..... know that i'm working hard on it ..... and i'll show it to you eventually .... 
in the meanwhile ... 
enjoy my fun shoes ..... 
what's your favorite pair of shoes look like? 





11 comments:

Contessa Kris said...

Love the shoes, love the painted papers, I wish feathered boas grew like hedges too. I'm constantly thinking about the words I say (as you can usually see on my blog.) I tend to turn random words into verbs, like twittering or craigslisting. Those were today's words. lol
Just popped in to say hallo. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Happy creating!

Darla said...

Cute shoes! Orange again, guess I'm going to have to come to terms with orange, LOL!

Darla

lynn said...

nothing like those e.beck, ha,ha! BUT, maybe i should go to that shoe warehousy place while in atlanta. what's it called? DSW? should I? we'll be in atlanta and cumming on our way to a state gymnastics meet.

e.beck.artist said...

yes lynn .. those orange lovelies ARE from dsw shoes ....

aj said...

Weeeellll . . . ORANGE always makes me think of oranges, which makes me think of sunshine, which makes me think of California which is where I grew up. Sunny Southern California and LOTS of orange groves!

And thinking of California makes me think of high school (my family moved to Oregon the day after I graduated) which reminds me of my best pals, who are STILL my best pals almost 40 years after high school.

And ONE of my best pals moved to Washington state the year before we moved to Oregon. We used to write letters back and forth of how much we HATED this yucky Northwest weather! Then I moved to Washington and lived with her family. She was a year younger than me, and we planned on moving BACK to sunny California as soon as she graduated.

We used to sit on her front porch, drinking iced tea and plot our escape . . . and just think of strange things to say. Like we learned to pronounce all the ingredients on the back of a bottle of bactine. I can still say the longest one today, but I probably can't SPELL it right: isoactylphenoxylpolyethoxolethanol!

And one of our other favorite things to say was HAMBURGER BUNS AND GARBANZO BEANS! We used to just say it over and over! What can I say, like in the Northwest was just not too exciting to two 'California girls'!

She still lives in Washington state, and I sill live in Oregon.

aj

Vallen said...

Where is everyone getting those cool plaid Berkies? I must have some. I love the image of orange spritzed paper. It has a very yumminess about it, like a pumpkin was curled up there.

Anonymous said...

liking your new shoes

my fave shoes right now are brown and have holes in about 5 places
but they are comfy and I am gonna wear them out
jeannie

Kelly Warren said...

"i wish feather boas grew like hedges"....love that! we have lots of boas around our house too. love the orange shoes too. i must admit my favorite pair of shoes are the grungy old sneaker mules (is that really a style?) i bought at payless when i was pregnant with my girls. they are still the most comfortable things in my closet. only on very rare occasions do they make it out of the house...made of denim, they don't make a very positive fashion statement, as my dh points out to me every time i wear them. :-)

Lina said...

Love the orange shoes!

shrink on the couch said...

not nearly as fun. well wait, i do have a pair of picasso-esque birks. no picture available. gotta work on that.

Anonymous said...

Love your shoes!! Both pairs!

Hmmm...and hot pink feather boas growing like hedges - what a bright, soft world we would live in! Everyone would want hedges! =)