Thursday, September 18, 2008

a hodge podge of this and that .... my 288th blog post ... yoinks!

how did i get so very far behind? good grief!

but ... two entire weeks ago, i had a contest ... and never announced a winner .... but ... since i've been thinking about making itty bitty fishy canvases ever since 3rd eye muse suggested such, i'm sure she should be the winner .... so ..... 3, send me your snail mail and i'll send you a prize any day now .... ok ... any week now .... once i figure out what it is ... or make it .... or something .... 

and here's my studio from today .....
if you dash over to my flickr site here, you'll be able to push your mouse all over the pic and see little notes about the various this and thats in the picture .... 

mr.e.beck.artist? out of town .... 
boy.beck.artist? out of town....
girl.beck.artist? out of town .... 
the kids are actually on a middle school retreat .... leaving me with little.e.beck.artist ... mini me ..... we've had a grand time ....i  let her stay up way too late .... played wii for way to0 long .... let her have mnm's for dessert (desert is one of her spelling words so i knew just how to spell dessert) ..... 

tomorrow, i hope to do art much of the day .... with some dog walking and mystery reader duties at school thrown in just to make me well balanced ..... and then everyone else comes home from their trips .... rah .... 

come back tomorrow for finished works ...not sure what they'll be ... but i can surely get a couple finished with so many canvases started and ready to become something .... definitely, tomorrow will be a happy day ..... 

tra la la .... what happy thing are you planning ...

ps..... happy birthday brother.2.beck.artist ..... i don't think he reads my blog... but his sweet wife does .....

6 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

get out! I must be the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! yep, doin the uber-groovy happy dance ...

thank you verry, very much!

Unknown said...

sending you super fantastic thursday-friday energy! it's been ages since i've made the blog rounds due to the craziness of my work, and i have MISSED your awesome blog.
*)

Darla said...

Congrats to 3! I'm out of town too, up in the mts with my laptop. Sounds like you are going to have an arty day. Me? When my company takes off this morning I'll do my usual clean up of pine needles.

Darla

Queenly Things said...

Enjoy the girls' week. Make the most of it. M&M's seems like a perfect dessert to me. Heck, I've had M&M's for dinner.

Anonymous said...

i'll forward your link to him. :)
love, roberta

shrink on the couch said...

Its really cool seeing the step-by-step. A non-artist, such as myself, has no clue about the layers. So I really appreciate learning a teeny bit, even, about the process.