Tuesday, June 16, 2009

monday's pottery post on tuesday ....

amidst the summer hubbub, i have started a monday evening pottery class .... i brought home this rectangular platter last night ... white clay, slab rolled, melted blue glass beads, clear glaze .... perfect for a row of pears (which i don't have in the house) or a chunk of cheese and some wheat thins (my favorite) .... like most of my pottery, it will probably be gifted ....

this blog post is my brief respite ... ok , not really ... it's really the fine art of procrastination ... i've packed about 10 boxes this morning ... and computer time was my dangling carrot that got me working .... 

happy monday, a day late ... har ... 

5 comments:

Darla said...

I think this is my favorite pottery piece that you've make. Of course I'm a sucker for blue and white.

Darla

cath c said...

it's lovely, and i see a variety of olives not rolling out of it, too.

3rdEyeMuse said...

I've always liked blue and white ... and rectangular (or square) plates ... all in a single e.beck piece ... sighs.

allison strine said...

Oooh, good girl for taking Monday pottery! You needed something to do - har! Love the white clay!

artmom said...

Your energy abounds!!! I have never understood peple who say they are bored..They are certainly not artists! glad we have that reserve of "projects" to go to! You certainly have a surplus of reserve projects. Just thinking of unpacking after the move is scary!
love the blue tray....hint, hint!!!