Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a pottery day .....

.... i had one of those grandly overscheduled days ... where every bit of the overscheduled was good stuff .... no doctors, dentists or boring errands ..... in the midst of all my busy, i had pottery class .... i took a quarter of pottery over the summer, an evening class ... but now i'm back to my usual morning class .... i made six pieces today ... 

no blog is fun without pics ... here's my workspace .... if you go here and click, you'll zip through cyber space to my flickr site ... and if you role over the pic, you can see little notes i've made about what's what ....
and here's one of my finished wet ones .... now it just needs to dry ... and then go to the kiln for a first firing ... then glazing .. then firing ... so ... finished is a very loose term, huh? finished with this piece of the process .... if you go to this flickr page, you can see my notes on the picture ...
my day had multiple fabulous bits .... girlfriends over for a late post-pottery lunch being one of the most fab .... and i chose to ignore the rainy dreary start, and the thunder and lightning and stormy end .... and just remember the sunshine afternoon ... 

how was your day? did you make anything? did you do anything extra great?

1 comment:

cath c said...

fried okra from the garden counts, right? best batch yet.