Saturday, November 14, 2009

21,755

today, i reached thursday's then friday's word counts ..... i've written for much of the morning at the kitchen counter as my favorite people swirl around me in buys day activities ..... this is my break from nanowrimo writing, a bit of blog writing ..... 

i just went down to my studio to supervise little.e.beck.artist as she tried to figure out what base to put her coffee filter teepees on .... the box top, the wooden board and a tray were all rejected... she chose an 18 by 18 canvas .... she's currently painting it green except for where they dug out the grass and that part has to be brown for the dirt cause you don't have grass in your teepee and you don't build a fire in the grass either ....  

i was clearing a spot for her on my studio table and had trouble...you know how messy i can get ....so messy ...the last canvas i painted had dried attached to my table top ... or attached to the paper that covers my table ... i had to rip it up and recover the table.... an instance of what should be a small job turning into a bigger job than you want .... 

but that canvas i ripped up was gorgeous blue yumminess .... if i hit my 25 thousand word mark tomorrow, i am going to paint on monday to reward myself ..... rah .... 

hope your weekend is happiness and sunshine and artsy fun .....

2 comments:

cath c said...

that is an excellent reward. creativity for creative productivity! i like it.

artmom said...

Take photos of teepee project! Sounds creative like little.e.beck!
Glad you found a good canvas...I started one Friday with delusions of what it was to be and went amok...but I think I can redeem it tuesday when I paint again....maybe tomorrow I can start the process of fixing!
Trying to get some Christmas things done....can't do cards because computer is dead.....
beautiful day here...very cool in morning and warmer by noon...bright sun...we had NO rain from IDA! Wish we had had some you got.....