Sunday, March 21, 2010

ok ... now i'm back ...

i went to the bahamas with mr.e.beck.artist .... the week before that i took the three wee e.beck.ones to hilton head for a week with cousins and grands .... now i'm back .... and it is raining ... and my toes (with lovely blue polish) are cold .... and i have ninety seven pounds of laundry to do .... and i've played 34 games of monopoly deal (favorite card game) with little.e.beck.artist instead of trying to get my ducks in a row for a post-vacation get-life-back-in-gear ... what if i don't want to be back in gear ....do i have to unpack when i just want to go back to the beach ... any beach ... and,no, i don't have my next beach vacation planned ..... what if i prefer life with soggy bathing suits and sandy flip flops?

tomorrow is monday ... i hope to paint ... but i might just sit by my ott light in my flip flops....

so ... tell me what you've been doing in my absence ... in the hopes of getting me back in gear ....

5 comments:

cath c said...

i'm getting back to writing in my manuscript...and enjoyed the sunshine, and now am enjoying the big thunder and lightning with the dog curled up under me and shaking.

Darla said...

I was in Oregon hosting a 90th Birthday Party for my Mom. No sand, no beach, and rain every day. The party was a huge success tho.

Darla

artmom said...

you could always come here to a beach....we have several to chose from! condos are available for a large group!! I have a friend who owns one in Clearwater - a motel that is - with kitchens etc.....beautiful pool.....might have room in the summer though I know how you feel about Florida in Summer! great fishing and close to beach.....

Chris said...

I've been painting A LOT. And we're looking toward an island trip ourselves. So you and I are backwards of each other!

HOpe you are well.

Very Mary said...

You must must must get Scrabble Slam (also a card game)...