Tuesday, October 12, 2010

doodle-iscious ....

i am a list maker ... i have a gorgeous quilted notebook that i fill up with lists .... frequently, i put a little box in front of each item on the list so that i can have the joy of ticking it off the list .... sometime, truth be told .... i do something, write it on the list, and then tick it off just to prove that i did it ... just to prove the point, i'll go put blog lists onto my list and i'll check it right off ....

so ... that's me ... professional artist, prosaic list maker, and amateur doodler ... so ... imagine my procrastinatory delight when i ran across aimee's newest blog post .... she's an artist, a doodle girl, and a list maker too ....

i dashed over to the kitchen counter and my book of lists in the making... i am still on last week's list ... need to go ahead and put make a new list on the list .... and while perusing my lists, i noticied this artistic list ...
girl.beck.artist filled that in on a doodle calendar for me .... she had been discussing words that go plural with an i ... and that she and a pal were listing them or using them or pondering them or laughing at the absurdity of a plural with an i .... and i asked her to write it down ... and this was her clever way of giving it to me ... great list, huh ?
brontosauri
fungi
platapi
hippopatomi
asparagi
cacti
alumni
octopi .....

and why, you ask, did i need this list written down?
well .... i'm writing a book .... still .... i've been working on it for .. well ... for ever .... or so it seems ... but i'm on my second edit now .... chapter four-ish i think .... and when i can, i add in bits that my children give me ... like words that plural with an i .... i promise that's better than it sounds .. anyway ... i started it LAST november during nanowrimo .... and november is coming along ... recently kris at collage contessa asked me if it had been worthwhile participating in the nano ... if i was going to try and publish the book .... i told her that i wasn't participating in nanowrimo this year because i had high hopes of getting through my original nanowrimo before embarking on another ....
my kitchen backsplash has an array of doodles and words on it .... here, you can see the truck load of weird plural words and a couple others .....

off to write blog on my list and check it right off ....
i'll add book editing to the list too .... need to put in more hours a week into that if i'm ever going to finish it!

7 comments:

Darla said...

I'm not a writer but I do love words and all those i ending words made me quite happi... er Happy.

I'm hosting a giveaway on my blog so put "sign up" on you list.

Darla

Contessa Kris said...

You go girl! Finish that book! I'm hoping to start one this year. I have a few ideas finally and am trying to put together a bit of an outline so I don't stuck before i start. Love the i words, by the way...

aimee said...

woo hoo! you are FAST! i am thrilled to know a fellow list maker who writes retroactive ones to get that zing of crossing it off. i say, if you've done it, you might as well get credit for it.

as for your book, can't wait to see your opus - or is that opi? 'cause i know you'll write more than one!

thanks for the link - can't wait to see who else joins us!

cath c said...

i love it.

can she add crocii? plural of crocus...

i am happy you are sticking with your nao from last year. i haven't cracked mine open again, but i'm still trying to edit the first novel. i'm turtlish about it.

cath c said...

oops, nano!

TotallyToTheT said...

I love the "i" plural list. Very cute and creative.

artmom said...

I think list making especially retroactively must be genetic....Did that this morning....sort of scary,eh?