Sunday, February 25, 2018

new! pottery! studio!


 i have astonishingly come into a full selection of pottery studio supplies .... my friend's mom died and the whole shebang of her extraordinary studio was gifted to me last summer .... it took about 8 months for me to get my basement cleaned out and a contractor found .... and now i have my own pottery studio full of goodness ....

here's the right wall ... with my wheel, shelving, a glazing  counter and a sink ....
here's a close up of the sink .... the basement isn't/wasn't stubbed for water (is that the right lingo?) ... so there's a pump under neath the sink that gets the water going .... 
 and here's the left wall ... the door goes to the unfinished basement ... this section used to be unfinished ..... but now i have walls and a (gorgeous) ceiling .... i kept the floor just cement slab .... 
and here is a full shot of the left wall with the slab roller and the on wheels table with a duck canvas top and storage below ... and the wheel and shelves .... 
i've been doing pottery for almost my whole life .... and definitely for my whole adult life with a few short breaks here and there ... but there is SO much i don't know ... i have a lot to learn!!! and i'm SO excited!

No comments: