Monday, November 2, 2009

4524......

.... 4524 words on day one of national novel writing month .... so i had a good start yesterday .... 
today, i am writing from 9.30 to 11 ... i think an hour and a half is how long i need for the 1667 words that i need to do each day ... so i'm doing it by appointment ... setting up my time for each day ahead of time (and crossing my fingers that life follows the plan!) .... you can check up on my progress at this nanowrimo page .....

my weekend was exciting ... i was really intent on getting a grand start to my novel .... mr.e.beck.artist is being very supportive, giving me all the more incentive to not just successfully write 50k but also to write something remotely worth while .... so ... my relaxing build up to nano kickoff included a trip to the ER after the-great-pumpkin-carving-incident ... and then gaggles of girls spending the night on halloween .... 

in hindsight, the sugar buzz might have helped me hit the good numbers in my writing ... good think i walked that extra mile this morning ....
as i write this, it is 9.10 ... so i have 2
0 minutes to do the dishes, switch washer to dryer, fold the dryer load, start a new load, and take a shower .... so ... maybe i won't take my shower yet .... interestingly, i walked an extra mile this morning ... i think it was some passive aggressive procrastination .... not sure .... i'll letcha know in .... um, 18 minutes now .... 
so, on top of the novel that i am writing this month, i have a journal project due in the first week or so of december ... and here are two pages i have going for that .... i think i'm going to color them ... crayons, craypas, color pencil, watercolor wash, marker ... not sure how i'm coloring them yet .... when i know, i'll tell you ! ... it might not be til december, huh? 
12 minutes til i'm meant to be sitting and writing ... gotta go .... 
what are you doing today?

3 comments:

cath c said...

procrastinating, too, or i wouldn't be here. ok, i go write now!

Kelly Warren said...

good job on your nano project! i haven't started on my sketchbook yet...not a good sign!

artmom said...

What did I do today? we hung our show at Center Place this AM...seven of us and a husband helper had no disagreements and it all went up quickly and efficiently 42 pieces and a bunch of small ones in the two cases in the hall. I goofed and took no photos! Tiring work though....will photo at reception Thursday.