Tuesday, January 10, 2012

800

today is my 800th post of this blog .... that seems like a lot, huh? i bet in this calendar year i'll get to my thousandth post .... i like that ... big round number that it is .... 1000 .....

i am full up on deadlines ... and falling behind ... and really doing everything but the deadliney things .... which will have to stop soon because ... well ... because deadlines are deadlines ....

so ... this friday ... (OH yay, my first pottery class of the year is this friday ... how dare i sully it by having a deadline on that day ... darn ... ) so ... this friday, my auction art is due to be turned in .... my school has a big auction that i'm donating stuff to:
a. a metal embossed picture frame that i lovingly (ha, more like hurriedly) helped fifth graders create .... oops ... 20% done (at least the kid part is done)
b. a giant ceramic bowl ... yay, pottery pal cw brought it by ... don't you just LOVE her for picking it up at the ceramic studio for me? i certainly do .... 100% done (whew)
c. lollypop flowers on blue ... i have words on this painting and one of the words looks blotchy to me ... so i need to paint over it and then redo the word ... 95% done
d. "love found" ... 10% done ... a good idea and a gessoed canvas ... eek ....
e.  a ceramic cross to put in a house blessing package .... i have the bisque cross ... but need to paint and embelish it ... 50% done

so i am going to finish them ALL tomorrow ... ALL ... truly ... ALL ... please hold me to it .... oh ... and i'm going to finish them all tomorrow before three o'clock because it is little.e.beck.artist's birthday ... and i'll want to give her my undivided attention after school .....

then ... next week on the 18th, i have an inventory list due to an art show .... so really, it would be good to knock out a few more paintings for that show .... so, between now and then how many can i do? that's a big question .... and actually, the inventory list (i believe) is due the 20th .. but i'm giving myself an early deadline to minimize the stress of last minuteness ....

i haven't had loads of art on this art blog lately ... it's been more of e's life ... the november nablopomo ... the december joy posts ... so for now, back to art .... january is art month ... actually, can we make it arts and crafts month? cause since i've joined pinterest i've wanted to get all DIY and crafty .... have some things in my head i want to make ... so ... let's call january artsy crafty month, ok?

come back tomorrow for some art ....
do you have any artsy plans in your future? how about some craftiness?
if not, quick go to pinterest! you'll find something awesome for sure ...


1 comment:

Darla said...

I'm afraid of pinterest so I'm going to pass. My little January goalettes are a) send a handwritten card/letter to someone each week, b) work in my sketchbook at least once a week. I'm on it!

Darla