Friday, January 13, 2012

fridays rock .....

pottery season has begun again .... it is the first day of my winter quarter class at spruill .... i love pottery class ... i love the excitement of not being exactly what sure what something is going to turn out like .... and then picking it up from the kiln room and being wowed ... yay for the mystery that is ceramics .... 

 this pot was made last semester ... and then the holidays started and my pal picked it up for me ... and told me it was great ... and then kept it in her car til we saw each other again .... finally she was tired of it being in her car and she came by my house and dropped it off ... she might have just been clearing out her car to make room for her costco purchases, but i was still SO happy to get it .... do you know there is a costco about a block from my house? that's crazy right? and a wee bit dangerous for the budget .... five pounds of animal crackers? 96 rolls of toilet paper? 18 bananas?
 so this piece was made from chocolate clay, which just makes you love it more, right? and i used mexico point green .. which is turquoisey .... and i rubbed some glaze away to make the brown chocolate goodness show up ....
and here's a good peep at the letters that i always love to put onto my most textured pieces ....

hope someone at the auction needs a giant bowl from chocolate clay with turquoise goodness ....

1 comment:

DeborahS said...

Beautiful bowl- I'm sure someone people will bid on that!