Friday, May 18, 2007

mona mermaid

my deadline painting group on flickr has a deadline coming up......i wrote it down as the 18th....to trick myself....so i'd have it done by the deadline on the 20th.....and...the trick worked....i posted it today, thinking i was just in the nick of time...forgetting entirely that i had worked in a grace period for myself.....so....the challenge was to do a piece that is inspired by another painting...not hard for me, because so much of my stuff is inspired by famous artists.....but i hadn't done a mona piece in a while......and had been thinking about her...so, it was a natural fit......

in case you are new to me, this blog, or my art....i have a big mona lisa thing running through my art....i did my first mona about four years ago......here's a link to my mona lisa set on flickr.......

one week of school left.....it has me a bit out of sorts....there's so much to do for the kids and with the kids, that art time is curtailed...and then once it is summer time, art time is even more scarce....ack.......hopefully i can get a bit more art in before the joys of summer take over entirely........

No comments: