Tuesday, May 15, 2007

talk of journals and mona lisa




i spent this past weekend away.......went to the mountains with 100 of my closest friends....not actually...but kind of......my family, and 25 or so other families from my church went away together.....to camp...in the mountains.....it was also my birthday....it was also mother's day......so i kept a journal to document the weekend........it's part of that art every day thing......and now i'm trying to finish up this journal.......filling in some of the bits that i dind't document at the moment.......but want to put down for the happy memory of it........the journal is part documentation of a happy time, part doodle, part collage......and all happy.......


i turned in my painting for lola's auction today.....check that off my list of things to do ...whew......




my next art thing to do.....i have a deadline...may 18 (oh, no! very soon!) ....my flickr group called deadline painting is the deadline......this friday.....the topic is a painting inspired by another painting....i'm working on a mona lisa painting......but am a titch worried i won't get it done......life is interfering with my art....AGAIN! or should that be always.......ha.....
there are so many end of the year thing to manage...it seems this end of the school year thing is about as busy as christmas time for how many obligations there are...but.....you know me.....i'll squeeze in some art time anyway, of course.......so there is a mona lisa to look forward to......hmmmmmmmwhat will she look like........can you imagine?

1 comment:

random notes said...

Hellooo from Random Arts in Saluda in the mountains of north carolina. Sorry we missed you this weekend when you came up this way. Sounds like you all had a great time with your group. Kanuga is such an awesome place. Maybe we should all have an art retreat there. I can think of at least 100 people who would love to attend. What do you think?
Love your doodle shoes. I have always wanted to do shoes, with doodles. Right now I have to doodle those ATC's for Chrysti's "get your doodle on" swap.
Jane