Wednesday, May 2, 2007

a bit of art a day keeps the blues away



maybe i sound like a broken record (OH! is that even a cliche anymore? i need something a titch more hip to say!) .....dare i say, i'm being repetitive in telling my groovy readers how happy it is to have an artsy endeavor each day.......i went to pottery......i picked up a small nativity made of chocolate clay.....it is lovely! .....i got six...YES! six! ....i got back six happy, small bowls and such....they were bisque ware...and i glazed them.....one is specifically for allison, but the other five have no definitive future plans......the nicest thing is that i USUALLY hang onto bisque pieces for SO long before i glaze them...glazing is not the best part for me.......but i did these same day, so that's a nice habit i wish i would keep .......i actually have bisque ware in my basement that is downright ancient now....because i was never moved to glaze it.......anyway....happy pottery morning....and i just did some painting in my basement studio.......finishing up a few things here and there.......

tonight i am going to a bingo party at church......do you know i am bingo girl? i plan on bringing home plenty of bingo cards, and that sure makes me happy!! ...... i've also donated quite a few things to be prizes for winners....and a painting for a raffle prize......there's a theme going here in my blog....it is WAY easier to just give away art for a good cause than it is to do the legwork required to do marketing, galleries, art festivals and such!

EDIT: ok....i feel the need to edit....i am a bingo girl, in that i LOVE using bingo cards in my art like this......i'm not necessarily a bingo PLAYING girl.......i don't go to the lodge every weekend and play, or anything like that! ....it's an art thing....not an actual bingo playing thing...though i did ACTUALLY play tonight....and if it is possible to be BAD at bingo, i was HORRIBLE...however.....at one point, melinda was laughing so hard she was crying....which got me laughing so hard that i was crying too....whooooooknew that bingo could be so funny!

2 comments:

random notes said...

Hey Happy Girl, Keep it going as it makes me happy just to read what you are doing. Bingo? you go girl - win some for me.
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hey e!
I've got this great rubber stamp that I really love that the title of this entry reminded me of . . .
"Art washes away the dust of every day life." Picasso

aj
http://trash2treasure.wordpress.com/