Saturday, September 1, 2007

i was going to have to post that my only artistic endeavor today was a trip to michael's but i pulled through in the end with some painting ...

i went to michael's with sophie sunshine today ......
i bought:
-e6000, my favorite, stinky, strong glue
-some wooden $1 nutcrackers to paint with the kids one day (hopefully for this christmas, but i won't count on it!)
-about ten boxes of various shapes .... to paint for a church fund raiser ... hopefully i won't do them all myself, i'll invite some pals over to help me do them ..... luckily some of them were clearance (the boxes, not the friends).....
-some on sale paint brushes, i can't resist good nylon brushes when they are on sale .....
-a head band witches hat for sophie .... she decided to be a witch for halloween... though we won't count on it ....it is kind of hard to commit to it at such an early date
-some dollar bin notecards and posty notes
-and FIVE sets of clock findings.... cause, tick tock, i'm thinking about a clock....or two .... or five .....

after michael's, so and i went to target .... for clearance summer tank tops for me ( my white one is shabby and it would be nice to start next summer with a fresh one, when you love something, buy another!) .... and for dental floss .... we use those little flosser stick things ..... and then sophie was at the jewels counter ...." oh, mommy! come here! there are engagement rings!" ... she had spied these HUGE garish lucite rings ..... YOU have to have one, mommy! ..... so i tried them on for fun .... and there was an orange one .... GET THAT ONE, mommy, cause it goes with all your best outfits ...... ha! what does that say about me, when the only person in the family who cares a whit about fashion thinks that orange lucite defines my look? who cares that she's six .... anyway .... i love her, and i bought it..... it is fab....very fashion forward, dontcha think?

later edit: i'm adding this bit in .... i just noticed on the pic that i am also wearing fashion forward bracelets!! i went to a hootie and the blowfish concert last night ..... at an outdoor venue .... and it rained!! but we still had a grand time .... it didn't rain too, too long ..... anyway, i always try to have glow in the dark bands when we go to concerts .... and i just so happen to be wearing some still .... i gave the others to sophie today ....once she figured out that they glow in the dark still, she needed some!

anyway.... the day was nearing an end, and i had done nothing more artistic than cruise the aisles of michael's ..... so i took a photo of my orange shoes .... so that i could show you how RIGHT sophie is ..... i wear a lot of orange!! the funniest thing about this pic to me is that i could only find one croc..... typical! ..... i'm a bit scattered... and so are my shoes ..... drew, just ten years old, has been wearing my crocs ..... his feet are bigger than mine now ..... so i'll blame the missing croc on him.... anyway.....
-orange nikes ...that i walk in, i don't generally run ..... these are old ...but because of their divine orangeness i have kept them ....
-orange snow boots .... lands' end
-one orange croc ... my first pair of crocs ... that my family gave me two years ago before i even knew what crocs were
-my orange clogs ....painted them myself to go with a mona painting that got published in cloth, paper, scissors ......
-my orange mary janes .... i ADORE these shoes ... but wear them less and less because i don't ever want them to wear out ... and the velcro is getting less velcroish....
-orange flip flops.... old navy .... used to be rhinestoned covered... but gradually lost most .... many of them are in ashley's creek ... or were last summer .....



and then .... at the WAY end of the day, after dinner, "but you said we'd paint!" .... so we did .....



these chairs have been in my garage WAITING for me .... and today we started .....


we've done some spots and dots and such ..... we'll work on them some more tomorrow .... staytuned ......



ok then...... go paint some porch furniture .... or some shoes ... or at least send me a link to your favorite shoes!

No comments: