Monday, September 10, 2007

i win, i win...i won the coolest mom contest ......my mom ROCKS.....

no, no...not ME...i'm not the coolest mom .... i HAVE the coolest mom .....thereby making me the big winner ..... i guess it means my brothers win too ... but really, it's my blog....so i'm the winner, ok?
anyway......
my mom just sent me this email :
Yesterday I was awarded the "art activist of the year- 2006" award by the tampa tribune and the brandon News! With another person with whom I worked to found the GREATER BRANDON ARTS COUNCIL last year. Will send article when it appears in the paper
LOVE, your mom, the activist!

how groovy is my mom? starting art councils and winning prizes and being an activist? .... she rocks!!
...here's her website too ..........


.... and ... this blue bingo-ness is a painting that i finished today ....... you can see the original background here ....and surely you recognize the green paper leaves from the big batch that i painted and posted yesterday..... i'm quite happy with how it turned out ...... even happier that i spent most of my day in my studio ...... tra la la......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blue and yellow bingoness art! Great job! You have learned your cool momness from a MASTER COOL MOM! Yay for your mom and yeah for you

Lynne said...

wow you have been busy...I love the ceramic letter discs.. congrats to your mom :-)