Friday, October 12, 2007

friday is a nice way to end the week ....



my girlfriends came over this morning and we painted and collaged some boxes for our pirate treasure box party at church ..... it's about a month away still, but we're getting there ...... and they are looking pretty cute .....

after my pals left, i worked on some 18 inch square canvases .... this yellow one is farthest along .... i got the papers on, a yellow glaze, some acyrlic color accents and then some letter stamping ..... i'm pretty sure i'm going to do a home or a heart with a home on it ..... that's the theme i've been interested in lately .....



this is another one i worked on ..... it has a map background .... a south carolina map, actually ..... from one road trip or another ..... then i used a nice blue glaze on it .... i have two others that are also at this stage .... not lettered ..... not sure what it's for .... before i put the letters on, i try to know what is to come .... so i know if my letters should be high contrast, low contrast, toning it down, brightening it up ...... believe it or not, this one might be christmasy .... i have two painting that i've done prints of ..... and am thinking i want three or more choices ... two of them to be home sweet home-ish so that i can personalize them with a family name .... and i'm thinking one with a christmas motif, that also could be personalized .... that's my "gimmick" for my prints .... that they can be personalized ..... i have groovy handwriting .... in fact about four years ago, i was tired of my handwriting and invented a new one for myself .... my own font, as it were ..... so, that new handwriting, which isn't new anymore .... i'll use that on my prints .....

do you like your handwriting? is it the same one you've always had? do you have different handwritings for different things .... i had a teacher handwriting back when i was a teacher ..... really round looks best on the board and is easiest for kids to read ..... but, i digress!!!



while sophie was at ballet, i ran to binder's art supply ..... i needed 20 by 20 canvases and 24 by 24 canvases ...... because i'm thinking that always putting game boards on 3 feet square is too big .... so, smaller is an option i'm exploring ..... but my usual 18 square isn't big enough .....

so, while at binder's for canvases, i fed my latest obsession ..... fluid acrylics ..... the two greens i had were just not MY green ... don't quite suit my needs .... so i got two more in my quest for the most fabo of greens ..... and, while i was at it , there was a turquoise that i didn't have .... a bit darker .... yippee!!



and this, this is my favorite red paint .... van gogh carmine ..... no other red in any other brand is as lovely as this one .... it comes in a big ole vat ... but this is my third vat this year ..... it's luscious ..... so, even though i usually used liquitex or golden's ..... if you are looking for a perfect red .... van gogh carmine ......

tomorrow i'm substitute coaching sophie's soccer game .... and we still have house guests .... but i hope to get in a bit of painting ..... will it be red? or the perfect green? we'll see.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I an dull and boring - I have on handwriting -- it is the same old handwriting I have always had - maybe a bit less teen girlish than when I was in HS. The one thing I like about it is that it is very similiar to my mom's and dad's handwriting -- their script was almost identical. My dad had great engineer print and a lovely smooth script. My mom's script was identical to his -- and she often signed for him -- back in the day where bills were in the man's name.
I learned in HS that I could sign either of the signatures -- didn't really need to (OK may once or twice) but I could. My 3 other sibs have horrid handwriting!
Does this win longest post ever?