Sunday, January 27, 2008

happy weekend this and that.....

here's some fun stuff about my weekend .... 

-friday night i wore my jammies to book club.... my kids thougth that was bizarro.... will everyone be wearing slippers too? .... i was discussion leader for the book eat, love, pray ... very good book ... perfect for book club discussions ..... 

-so brought home the "class mascot" for the weekend ..... a stuffed rabbit named fuzzy .... so we spent the weekend taking pictures of her entertaining the rabbit for a journal ....

-two kids' basketball games yesterday, we always have two games, but we've NEVER won both games ... and we did .... and my kids were high scorers for their teams.... yippee ..... 

-went to a party last night .... and my husband DANCED ... not just danced ... but DANCED ..... i danced so long and late into the night that my knee hurt this morning .... that's a little bit of old age insult!! ..... or maybe i just don't dance frequently enough ....yeah, that's it .... not age related at all .....

-my women's group hosted a brunch at church today .... there were 2 hundred people, or more,  i think .... i was on clean up duty .... which meant i was sent home with some centerpiece flowers.... which is that picture at the top of this blog ..... 

-i watched two episodes of little house on the praire with my girls this afternoon .... 

-julia just said "you wore your slippers all afternoon" .... that's a fun accomplishment .....

-i spent some time, slippered, working in my studio ..... and tomorrow i will MOST certainly have photos of an artistically prolific day ...... 

-tonight, just before kiddo bed time .... we played whoonu? ....one of my favorite games ..... i lost ..... the-husband-who-rarely-plays-games beat all four of us ...... badly ...... then we also played rat a tat cat ..... another great great family game ..... and i came in last .... by SO many points it is a bit ridiculous ... at least my boy beat the husband-who-rarely-plays-games ......

what was a happy bit of your weekend? did you do anything artsy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loverly post,e...loverly flowers, too. Let's see...my happy moments included playing games with my kids...a new favorite is Doodle Dice...and I finally won a game for the first time since getting it for Christmas! Woo hoo for me! lol

Also played Game Cube...Pac Man Race (I think)...great fun, kids all took sides some with mom, some with dad.

As for artsy, I did manage to redo something for Hannah's room. She has a lavender-colored room and had a large "H" (reminscent of Mary Tyler Moore's "M")for her bedroom wall. The color of the wee vined flowers were off, so I managed to get out my huge Sharpie colored marker collection and find a perfect purply color and voila' ...a happy lavender accented "H". Does that count?

Whew...that was a long post from me, e!

hugs

e.beck.artist said...

baby, anything with a sharpie counts as artsy fun! i AM a sharpie addict .....

Darla said...

Nap. N.A.P. A long one. That's my big news for the weekend, LOL!

Darla

shrink on the couch said...

What did you DANCE to? Sounds fun. I love parties where we dance into the night. Not sure the hosts like us there that long. Artsy? I made about 6 pairs of beaded earrings. Two were birthday gifts. The rest were all mine : )

Vallen said...

The colors of the flowers are spectacular, brilliant. I don;t know how you could pack so much into a weekend. That is just plain awesome.