Saturday, June 12, 2010

.... summer thoughts ....

.... summer is in full swing .... no art for me lately ... but lots of joy ....

i adore my family .... mom, dad, siblings, sibling spouses, my kids' cousins .... i spent a week at the beach with extended family ... it was a pretty perfect week .....

i adore ice cream ... early in the week i took the four girl cousins to the grocery store to stock up on ice cream treats .... we went overboard ... the next day, girl.beck.artist had a different ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner ...not especially healthy ... but a fab memory of a fab week ... (personal fave: key lime pie ben and jerry's ice cream ... and visualize whirled peace ... also b and j)

i adore my brothers .... my brothers fish .... and this trip caught a shark that they couldn't get off the line fast enough to keep it alive .... one brother did his best to resuscitate it ... everything short of mouth to mouth (eek) ... and then being outdoorsmen, decided the only way to be respectful of the inadvertent death was to grill that shark up for dinner ... oh my .... i won't be trying shark again ... too chewy ....

i adore the beach ....my favorite part of the day was late, late afternoon .. tide coming in .... a frantic moving of flip flops, towels and bags ... and the waves lapping over the toes and under the beach chairs .....

i adore biking ... not cycling and spandex and infinite gears .... but sit up straight bikes, flowered baskets, and flat wide paths ..... i biked every day for seven days .... joy .....

i adore swimming ... we rented a house with a pool ... my favorite time to swim was after tennis (wow, i played LOADS of tennis) ... to be SO hot and then completely submerge in the pool to cool off was fab .... i only swam in my tennis clothes once ... when the rest of the family was at the beach .... just jumped right in ... the other days i managed to get into a swim suit first .....

i adore my nephews ... but wish they weren't both SO much better than i am at scrabble .....

how's your summer starting?

4 comments:

Snuskebassa said...

Love your blog! And your paintings!
Love from Liv (Norway)

cath c said...

sounds wonderful! i would totally eat ice cream for breakfast lunch and dinner, and snacks, if it wouldn't send me into a hypoglycemic coma...

artmom said...

I second all you said; It was a perfect week! Even the shark although I did not eat any!
Don't forget the second large shark catching and the huge shark sighting!
Ice cream memories are especially good - Ultimate Moose Tracks-yummmmm
Having 3 of our 4 kids and 7 of 10 grandkids together was super!
:-)

Darla said...

What better week could you have? I love the ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner idea. Sweet memories. Didn't know there was a key lime pie flavor out. I just might follow little e's example.

Darla