Wednesday, June 23, 2010

.... three pears ... three pairs = six ... but still just three ...

yippee .... something artsy to show you .... i picked this ceramic platter up today .... i finished it a couple weeks ago, right before summer started ... but it took me a month to go back and get it from the kiln room since i'm not taking pottery this quarter .... i think on the dots you can tell that i used the eraser end of a pencil to make indentations .... all the colored elements are relief ....pushed, pulled, poked and carved would be the technical terms .... i think it is about 12 inches across .... for now it is sitting on my kitchen counter ... eventually it will probably make it to my gift shelf ... i don't generally sell my pottery anymore ... i give it away for house warmings and hostess gifts and birthday presents .....

i DID work in my studio today .... i'll try to actually even do something photo worthy tomorrow!

4 comments:

artmom said...

absolutely adore the pear platter!
hint, hint!!!

I need to get back to painting - maybe Friday I can finish something and photo it. Having trouble getting images on FB - will try again tomorrow!

Darla said...

You know I adore your pears. A pear platter? Yow! That's great.

Darla

cath c said...

love it.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! The pieces I made in my pottery classes didn't possess a fraction of this beauty and style. I guess I'll stick to writing.