Wednesday, January 4, 2012

hello, january ...

i blogged every day in november ...
i blogged a long series of joy posts in december ...
and i'm getting a slow start to january ....

unlike calvin up there, i LOVE new years resolution ... they get me going .... they get me to change behaviors that aren't great, or, more usually, they add something to my life that i was missing ...

2011, my resolution was to chronicle the books i read .... and to menu plan before each week started ....
and i did both ... just by luck, i read 100 books EXACTLY in 2011... the resolution made me keep track, helped me plan better so i always had a couple books in the queu, and i like looking back and knowing what i read ... and i have a dayplanner 2011 that you could look through and know what my family ate every night for dinner, i usually planned sunday nights with family input ... or on monday mornings before i groceried ... i know it made us eat healthier, and out less often .. i think it also saved us money, partly for not going out so much, but also smarter grocery shopping....so ... both of those things are habits now.... and i shall continue on with both for 2012 ......but i haven't quite hit on what i want 2012's new resolution to be ...

i should have one about art ... because that's been kind of languishing lately ... i'm painting and selling work, but there's no unbridled enthusiasm with it ... and i've been writing, and editing a floundering novel, but there's no grand gumption there either ....

and really, the two resolutions that i'm drawn to are SUPER dull .... i want to catch up on photo books (i say it, but don't feel it) and i want to organize and purge the junk out of the house ... every drawer, cupboard, closet, room, basement (oh no, not the basement), garage .... (i feel it, but pretty sure i'll run out of steam before i accomplish it) .... neither of those are blog worthy .. they are hardly blog mentionable ... boring .... so ... maybe i'll recycle an old one ... like 100 paintings in a year .... or 15 art blogs a month .... or maybe just make my art studio user friendly again ..... in the meanwhile, i'm clearing out drawers and donating all the extra that has accumulated in my life ...

how 'bout you .... what's your resolution? what should mine be?

happy new years ....

2 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

resolutions? i like to call them goals instead. :-) i'm definitely all about the cleaning out the junk like you are. I actually started that over the Christmas break and lots more to do. my goal that i set for my blog was a Project 365(6 with leap year) of sorts. I know i won't be able to post a new photo a day, but i'm hoping to somehow get in 7 photos a week...maybe all in one day, maybe four one day and three the next...who knows! so far i've only planned through Jan 5, so we'll see how it goes from there! happy new year to you!

Darla said...

I don't make resolutions but I do like to evaluate what is going on in my life from time to time. I need to find ways to keep the creative process active and fresh. Regularly taking part in some online challenges should help with that I think.

darla