Monday, May 7, 2007

doodle dandy day.....


i dug out the space that i call my desk....all the way down to some christmas cards! how's that for true confessions? i assume the last time i cleared off the flat surfaces was prior to a christmas party!! oh my! .......so, my art time was curtailed....i didn't even make it down to my studio..except a few trips to put relics from my desks into collage bit bins....i took stolen moments and doodled though.....i drew these clogs....actually couldn't get them from life....so i did them from the photo of them i have on flickr...and a few days ago on this blog.......these are the ones i've painted yellow........so...after drawing them.....(side tracked question: is it ok to sketch in m doodle journal? this is a bit more than a doodle!) so...after drawing them, i actually took the clogs and started doodling ON them....i was planning to paint them or collage them...but somehow that sharpie just had something else in mind.......i can't take a pic of the doodle clogs yet cause they aren't done......soon though......groovy pals are taking me out to lunch for my birthday at the end of this week, and i'm pretty sure i'm just meant to wear yellow doodle clogs to celebrate! no one should turn 35 without a pair of doodle clogs! ha.....

if you are so inclined...i loaded a few other sketches onto my flickr site......just so you can see that i did more doodling than cleaning today.......wouldn't want to get the reputation of a clean and tidy girl......

No comments: