Monday, July 2, 2007

let's just call monday, art day... ok, you say? hooray.....

i got quite a few hours of art in today....hooray, yippee and yahoo for that....... this piece is (more or less) a 12 by 20 canvas...which is a smallish one for me....i started with a layer of novel pages glued on the whole thing...then i did some letter stencils in a dark blue with a titch of brown in it......from there i layered on three or four colors of tissue paper....in the blues and greens and aquas family.......then i used a sienna glaze (burnt sienna, raw sienna, burnt umber, raw umber....i can NOT keep my browns straight...but i used my fave and best brown glaze) i used a glaze that, to me, seems like antiquing a piece...takes the brightness down a notch.....and now, i wish i were done...at this point ...this point being the lovely background is finished stage.....at this point i usually prop the canvas on a wall for a week, a month, a year...years even......until i have a foreground idea and BOOM decide that's the perfect background...but no.....i need to finish this one for a deadline....so i'll work on it again tomorrow.....with my fingers crossed......i'll letcha know how it goes.....

i really love doing art...especially on days like today...the kids and i just hung out in the basement together......my girls washed brushes for me.....blow dried the things that i wanted to rush along.....me, three kids, and a dog......instead of it takes a village....it takes my whole family to get a collage going.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVING these colors e!!! Sounds like you are having a perfect summer. I'm always more energized and productive on sunny days. Have a great 4th!!

aj
http://trash2treasure.wordpress.com/