Sunday, July 1, 2007

ok....who had a new year's resolution...or, more to the point, who hasone that they made EXACTLY six months ago and they are STILL working onit.....me, me, me, she said with her hand waving in the air andbouncing frantically in her seat...me, me, me, i'm still working onthat new year's resolution.....


game journal
Originally uploaded by eeeee.
december 31st, 2006...hmmmmm....a resolution....hmmmmmm.....should i do my usual....clean my closet....my usual that i am seemingly incapable of following through on.....(side note, in 1999, i cleaned one closet a month for an entire year.....six closets, one a month, i did each twice that year.....but, it did nothing to transform my existence... i do recall it as a success story....pitiful? maybe?) ........
where was i......new year's eve...what to do....make a resolution......and my dear little boy had a number of suggestions...."let me eat candy every day" ....."let me stay up til ten every night for a whole year"....."play a game with me every day" .....
wait...what was the last one?
then, my thinking went like this.....he is always asking me to play a game right when i start making dinner....or right at his bedtime....i WISH i could play more games with him...... but EVERY day..that seems impossible.....some days are too hard, too busy.... hmmmmmm.....pondered that....
and....
i resolved to play 500 games in 2007 ......
more than one a day...but not bound to the calender and playing every day...we can do game binges.......so....there ya go......

today, july 1st, the first day of the second half of the year....and my family played game 282 .....after dinner, we played pirate's dice......a brand new game that drew and i bought today!!! ....we played it with our cousins two weeks ago.....and LOVED it...ok...i loved it....the kids like it...but drew is a pirate convert....the five us played....then andy went to put sophie to bed...and julia, drew and i snuck in game 283...... yippee.....we are MORE than half way....how 'bout that? pretty good, huh?

oh.....i didn't do art today......
but i just wanted to blog anwyay....is that ok? so much for just blogging about my art!

i was going to blog about the patriotic songs we sang in church today (loved that!) ....... but thought i'd brag about the half way mark of the year ........
so...anyone out there have a new year's resolution? that you are still doing? that you bagged ages ago? 'fess up....

how 'bout a july 1, half year resolution....to never make an un fun resolution on jan. 1 ........

1 comment:

allison strine said...

Oooh, I am so impressed with your game time!! Rock on sistah! (Doesn't that sound cool?)