Friday, September 7, 2007

...as you can see, i picked the pink and orange batch of fabrics to fancify my shabby skort .....


..... i've started my project that i told you about yesterday ..... i didn't realize just how many holes this skirt has .... it seems like in the last wash and dry that the fabric started to disintegrate ..... it has boatloads of holes .... it would give swiss cheese a run for the money ..... but .....on i go ..... i think i've done about five large patches .... and blanket stitched some seams and some hem ..... it's nice easy work that i've just been doing on the couch (tonight, the family watched a movie, so i stitched the whole time ......) ..... sophie was watching me stitch and said "mom that is going to be so groovy" ..... she doesn't actually use the word groovy ..... i think she was trying to give me a big complement ...... speaking my language ...... i told her thanks .... she thinks i should sew colors on all my clothes ...... that'd be quirky, huh?

1 comment:

Sallie - AKA *Sparky* said...

Boy, you must really love that pair of skorts! Somehow I knew there'd be some orange in there! My, you did an amazing stitching job!!! Very artsy - Martha Stewart would be so proud! (I only laughed a little!)