Friday, January 30, 2009

informal poll ... do you like sushi?

here is the sunlit picture of the fish ... yesterday's version was off color .... 
my new favorite thing is to let mr.e.beck.artist name my paintings ... he named this one florida keys ... har .... 

so ... for day two of a fish picture, let's talk fish ... raw fish .... i had sushi for lunch ... was actually celebrating a girl friend's birthday ..... most of us ate sushi ... 2 could not, would not, oh my gosh NO sushi .... 

when i told my family that i'd had a sushi lunch ALL of them made gagging sounds, rolled their eyes into the back of their heads and acted like i'd just made THEM eat bugs .... 

so...you? what do you think? are you a sushi eater? or does it seem as bad as eating bugs?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I thought you named the fish painting "do you like sushi?" !!! Florida Keys is much better and I think clever. tee hee And yes I have eaten sushi - and bugs too. I'll keep with the sushi but not the bugs.

Cristi Baxter Clothier said...

Hi Elizabeth! Love your work and I love sushi. Although, I must admit I don't eat any of the raw stuff. Just too scary for me!

Where in Florida will you be doing the show with your Mom? I live in Jacksonville and if you'd be close I'd love to come see your work in person.

cath c said...

i love this painting, and yr dh's sense of humor.

as for sushi, i love japanese, love veggie sushi, but as i am now allergic to avocado and sesame, i can't eat california rolls or ohitashi (the cold spinach salad w/sesame dressing that is to die for!) so it's kappa macki all the way, baby! i neglected to mention i'm veggie, and the idea of raw fish is a bit, slimey.

Kelly Warren said...

love the "florida keys" title! that rocks! as for sushi, not so much. i much prefer my fish cooked. :-)

3rdEyeMuse said...

when I saw the title of the post, I thought you were saying it for the title of the painting. hehe. FL Keys makes me giggle even more, though. :)

SUSHI anytime, anywhere and as many days in a row as my wallet would allow.

Brenda Heisler said...

Love to try new food. Have to admit after several tries, can't say I like sushi. To me is seems salty.

Your painting is great. The colors are perfect.

Chris said...

I had sushi yesterday. I love sushi. There's nothing gross about it!

Darla said...

Absolutely fab Florida Keys! Sushi? I can take it or leave it. If I am going Japanese for food I like a Bento Box which often has a bit of sushi.

Darla