Saturday, January 31, 2009

what does your home say about you?




i'm doing a house renovation ... not too big .. but not small by any stretch ... the tricky bit is building stairs to the attic .... which was just a pull down .... to me, that's what made it seem like a big deal .... you're going to cut a hole how? where? what? .... but ... we are one month in now, and i can see that we've made the right decision to renovate (the whole process was mr.e.beck.artist driven .... i was dragging my feet for a few years) ..... so now i'm doing things like buying toilets and counters and light fixtures and " why on earth do we need THAT many knobs?" ... and why does knobs start with a k? i'm most excited about colors ... i kind of want some whacked out colors in my house ... lots of colors ... and bright ones .... raise your hand if you know my favorite color.... and should that bold and bright be my kitchen? my family room? .... i hope i'm brave enough to follow through on loads of colors ... that i don't freak out and paint something taupe ... even the word is ugly! ..... so anyway, an astonishing number of hours a week are spent thinking about house things ... and clearly it is reflected in my art .... this house is a rocket ship .... your starting spot for a life of adventure ... what does your home say about you? (just don't tell me it's taupe)

7 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

hand raised high (infact there are shoes of said color), but I won't ruin it for the next person. :)

my house?!? that's a good question. feel free to stop by anytime and you can tell me. *hehe*

cath c said...

i think our home says, we're on our way there, but not quite made it, yet is still homey and a little cluttered and messy, but we like it. it's very us.

that bright watery blue in so many of your paintings? not raising hand, making guess.

Anonymous said...

how about a paler shade of that favorite color with brighter accents or one bright wall? And acceents in the complement! now I am sounding mom-like!!!

Anonymous said...

how about a paler shade of that favorite color with brighter accents or one bright wall? And acceents in the complement! now I am sounding mom-like!!!

Anonymous said...

did not mean to enter that twice....itchy finger!

aimee said...

we love old homes... our last three were built in 1927, 1926, and ?? turn of the century. our last house was huge, and i didn't like taking care of that much space, so we downsized into a minnie-mouse house and despite the alarming lack of closet space, we love it!

Kelly Warren said...

put that favorite color in your kitchen! perfect for a kitchen.

so what does my house say about me? hmmm...probably that i'm very eclectic and thrive on color. my house is robin's egg blue, with pink ceilings on the porches and aqua green doors. inside the great room is now a lovely coral, our master suite is an awesome light grass green, my girls room is yellow and our guest room is light purple. original art fills the house. it's a very happy shacky place. :-) hope all is well in your show at the moment!