Sunday, February 1, 2009

i did 11 paintings in january 2009 ... just in case anyone is keeping track ....


this is my last new painting for a bit .... it is called heartstring waiting .... and is another in my heartstring series ..... i love the metaphor of this .... and could paint the image again and again ... just making different backgrounds for them .... this background in particular is a little different than usual ... kelly noticed it on a recent pear painting, that i've changed up some of my backgrounds ...not sure if it'll stick ... but for now, it makes me happy ..... my new year's resolution to do 20 new paintings in a singular NEW theme, hasn't happened yet ... and maybe hasn't started yet .... but ... i still have 11 months yet ....

and, though this is my last painting for more than a week, fear not! i will be blogging this week from florida .... i set my show on wednesday and certainly should have loads of photos to show you .... 

how 'bout that bruce springsteen ? i'm thinking 12 minutes of super bowl halftime wasn't enough for me! 

hope you have a grand week.... do you have any big plans? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting -- something about the diamonds and the white or light color of them makes me feel chilly like winter -- but maybe because I am sitting here with 8 inches of snow outside -- but I like this painting

jeannie

3rdEyeMuse said...

I'm enjoying the background change up. :)

best of luck with the Florida show!

Gifts of Creation said...

Very nice background!!
Magdalene

Jodi Ohl said...

It's lovely and I like the idea of your 20 paintings on the same subject, it's a great way to explore and stretch yourself, trying to reinvent the subject in as many new ways as you can. Have fun in Florida :)