Thursday, February 26, 2009

just thursday ....

a couple shout outs today .... 

a shout out to jeannie at knit resolutions .... she sent me books of music to add to my collages ... and some maps too .... she's a friend who knows me well ... thanks j .... 

and a yippee for the very cool website creative construction: life and art .... they are a community of cool, groovy, artsy, writing types .... they have a weekly contest ... and i won this week .... this week's theme was eyes ... and, ironically, my entry was eyeless .... but that was kind of the point ....a mysterious point ... a metaphor, if you will ... if you are an artist or a writer, this might be just the spot you need to visit regularly to fill your creative well ... and discuss all the creative bits of your life .... if nothing else, going there makes me want to write my book ....  

tomorrow is an all day art day .... so undoubtedly i will have fresh pictures of new work ... or at least work in progress ... what's your plan? something good, i hope.....

4 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

*giggles*

oh yea, good plans - FACIAL ... honestly, it's better than a massage!

can't wait to see the fruits of all day art day!

Carmen said...

I love Creative Construction, such a neat group of women.

Have a great weekend. I plan to do my best to avoid getting the nasty cold that my 7 year old has right now and get some art done.

Jeannie said...

I am glad you like the music- Brooke now knows to throw none of it away.
I made a key lime pie - for lobsterfest at my mom's tonight.
Am preparing to shower then make a veggie lasagna (for those who do not eat lobster).
Then I hope to knit a smidge on my almost done sweater and meet a friend for lunch!

Anonymous said...

I am going to take down the Interpretations show this morning, have lunch with a friend and then veg out for the rest of the day as tomorrow is going to be a huge day setting up for the arts council Arty Party. makes me weary just writing about it!

Not much actual art production this week, but maybe next....