Wednesday, February 4, 2009

almost time ... and we're ready ....


we're ready ... mom and i hung our show today ... her helper was one of her best pal's sue ... sue has hung loads of shows in this same space ... is an artist herself .... and really gets it ... my helper? .... is 8 .... little.e.beck.artist is on this trip with me ... and she handed me the 40 nails and hooks that i banged into the wall ... and took out ... and rebanged ... and took out ... and now maybe it'll be sorta straight ... and rebanged .... the opening is tomorrow night ... thursday ... 5.30 .....brandon's center place .... for some more preview pics, go to my flickr site here to the show set .... some of the pics have notes so that if you scroll your mouse over the photo you'll see my comments ... 
so here's your chore, task, test, should you choose to accept it ... go over to flickr .. see what each art pair is an interpretation of ... and tell me you favorite pair .... or at least find my favorite pair .... 

ps...i'm in florida ... and it is alaska cold! what's up with that?

9 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

wondering how late the opening will stay open ... and how far from here you are ... I just checked - 100 miles ... if I only had an ultralite! :)

wow - there's some super serious goodness happening at interpretation central!!

best of luck & smashing success to you both!

how long will the show stay up?

Hélène Deroubaix said...

congrats on the show:)) it's always a wonderful event in an artist's life:)
best of luck!

blessings

allison strine said...

Oooh, this is so exciting!!! I can't wait to see more pictures - my heart is with you, and I'm sad that my body isn't!

Trying real hard to move on said...

My favorite pair is the interpretation of music. I also like flowers. And games.

Something I think is interesting....I think I could pick out your work anywhere. It all is in the same style I guess (not sure what the correct artsy word is!). Your mom's stuff varies a lot.

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

sending good luck wishes to you in FL. Hope it warms up!

Kelly Warren said...

my two faves are the flowers and the alphabet. i'm guessing your is the orange. :-)

shrink on the couch said...

looking good, e -- looking REAL good!

Contessa Kris said...

Ohhh, congratulations! THe display looks wonderful! I love your mom's interpretation of flowers! I'm like you and love the orange set and also the music. Great job ladies!

Chris said...

I LUV it that your daughter is there with you, in the midst of it all! yay