Friday, February 13, 2009

art prep ...

in regards to yesterday's post.....see...... an orange nest ... did it weeks ago .... and i already want to make a new one ... maybe this one will sell at the show it is going to be in next week .... 

this pear painting will also make it's public debut at a show next week .... 
i'm dropping art off tomorrow at trinity school ... for an art show next week .... so i spent my extra minutes today finishing the prep ... that, true to form, was kind of half way done ... i had to paint my edges on a couple of the canvases .... and i had to add eye hooks and wire to the backs of more than half ... that means they'd never been in a show before if they don't have hardware ..... and some of them weren't signed ... or i hadn't written on the back .... but now, i think, my ducks are in a row .... they are all ship shape and ready to go and be hung and look groovy ... and we'll just cross our fingers that someone somewhere still has disposable income for art .... right? 
and above is the painting that i nominate as most likely to sell at the show .... 
and really .... i put it up cause it's nice for valentine's ... my valentine is coming home tomorrow .... after the week away ..... rah for that! 
any sweet plans for your valentine? 

6 comments:

Chris said...

I hope you have a lovely time with your Valentine...

Anonymous said...

eat lots of chocolate and enjoy the family!

Go for another nest!

I think heartstrings are my favorite of your "themes"....

Mr. E said...

:) They...love your art work. I'm just lookin' around the blog world at artsy stuff...and found yours. I'm an artist/art teacher in Nashville,TN. You can check out my art blog at http://artwithmre.blogspot.com

3rdEyeMuse said...

you've always got so much going on that I often find myself wondering when you sleep. :) Best of luck with all the shows & have a terrific time with your valentine.

me? sleep sounds pretty good, but we have a party to go to.

Jodi Ohl said...

Have a great Valentine's Day with your sweetie :)

I have a hard time putting hangers on the back of my art for some reason--it's always something I procrastinate doing!

allison strine said...

I'm worried that the blogging will suffer from the obvious FB addiction...