Wednesday, February 18, 2009

newsworthy .... i guess ....


so ... two weeks ago i was in florida for an art opening with my mom .. the art is hanging the whole month ...  the pic above is one of my faves from the show and was on the invitation ....

for review, you can scroll down a couple blog posts and read all about it .... or go over to flickr and look at the pics from the show ... 

do you recall i mentioned being interviewed? well, the article has been published ... here it is ... 
go read it .... and come back ... 

did you read it? 

i think it sounds nice ... good ... kind ... upbeat ... but there are some errors ... 
in tomorrow's news you will be able to read this in the brandon news: 

In yesterday's arts section, we reported that Elizabeth Beck's favorite colors are orange and turquoise.  Her favorite colors are actually orange and green.  We regret the error.

harumph! .... i also majored in art history, not art .... and, really, i'm not terrified of a plain white canvas..... they just don't stay white for long! .... and 1982? that's 20 years early!
and while we're at it .... i don't really look like that picture ... i'm four inches taller, 40 pounds thinner, four shades blonder ... my stomach does not stick out like that.... and my eyes aren't that squinty ..... 

i'm just saying ... 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

tee-hee....we always want to look better in our pics....but it is soooo hard to fix that! Wonder where she got the 1982--could not read her own writing? Maybe I will ask her!

Anonymous said...

oops...that anonymous was me! musy still be sleepy!

Chris said...

Yay! I'm going to go read it right now before lunch is over!

3rdEyeMuse said...

you totally crack me up - I think the photo is lovely ... and the article was nice. Sorry 'bout the errors. :)

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Sorry the errors in the article. When I had an article written about me a few months ago, there was a quote from someone nearby that had nothing to do with my interview. It was very bizarre and a little disappointing; so, I can relate. Enjoy the feelings that go along with the show. It's way cool, huh?

cath c said...

yep. good article. and even in the correction you add fun!

Contessa Kris said...

You and your mother look fabulous! It's so wonderful to have the feature in the newspaper. Congrats!

I was curious as to what 'successive glazes' you're using on your canvases. I understand the 'fear' of the white space. I have to cover it up as quickly as possible too!