Tuesday, February 14, 2012

happy valentine's day ...

it's valentine's day ... 
i rolled out sugar cookies ... in lots of heart sizes ... i used flour, not flower....

 some of the cookies have pink sprinkles .. .but not all my valentines like sprinkles ... so some are plain ...
 and here's a big brownie ... cause some of my valentines like chocolate goodness ....

and here are some spritz ... where you use a cookie press ... these are butter cookies ... my grandmother's recipe ....
 and here are four collages for my four valentines ..... 
 and here are three small yummy packages for my kids ... i splurged and wrapped them in newspaper ... my eccentricity is showing, i suppose .... at least the string is pink ...
and here is my mantel ... can you see two pink packages near the middle? it looks kinda like one, but it's two ... those are TO me .... they were there all day buy i never peeked ... 
 and here's the kitchen table set with desserts running down the middle .... sweets for my sweets ...
 this morning i was given a giganto card ....
 her daddy and i each got our own side of the card and a pocket at the bottom holding special pictures ... 
 i love valentine's day ... a nice time to make the extra effort to celebrate the ones you love.

happy valentine's to you and yours .....

No comments: