Tuesday, February 21, 2012

more spinning ...

 this is my chocolate platter on the wheel .... i'd done maybe three colors of glaze in the spin art mode .... but there are some problems ...the pot is hand built, not thrown, hence, not attached to the wheel head .... so i attached the platter to the wheel head ... and i had plastic so my clay wouldn't stick to the platter .. cause that's how i ALWAYS make my hand built ceramic pieces .. with plastic ... for easy removal of clay from forms .....

however ... the same reason i normally like that plastic, is the same reason you shouldn't use it for spin art ... no stick ... oops .. so then .. right after you add the red, and you push the pedal to the metal to get some major spinnage ... well ... that plate spins right off into the splash pan ... leaving behind the form on the wheel head ... but taking that plastic with it .... ugh ...
 this is me looking happy right before the plate spun off into the splash pan .... note the orange shoes ... and the pedal not to the metal for the moment ...

below is a good birds eye view of the spin art ... note all the glaze spatter on the splash pan ... it caught some of the splash .... the rest went on my jeans, knee to knee ... and on anyone who dared walk withing a yard of me ....
it's a trial and error thing .. i'm looking forward to seeing how my pieces turn out ...

No comments: