Wednesday, July 18, 2012

beauty ....

kalil gibran was a lebanese child at the turn of the last century (as opposed to my children, born at the turn of this century) .... he was poor, emigrated to the u.s. with his family ... and was an artist in his heart ... he is most famous for writing the prophet (which my mom gave when i was about sixteen) ... he became a hero in lebanon for his heartfelt writing ... i think it's the romantic style ... inspirational, thought provoking stuff .... if he were alive, he'd probably really like all the happy quotes on pinterest .... which made me search him there ... kalil gibran, khalil gibran, and kahlil gibran all found the same man ....

beauty is not in the face, it is a light in the heart .... don't you know someone that you think is more beautiful now that you know them well ... because you see the light in them ... and don't so much see the outside?

3 comments:

Kelly Warren said...

that is really beautiful. you know, my mom gave me that book about the same time! I'm going to go find it on my bookshelf and read it again. thanks for reminding me of him.

Anonymous said...

That's a great quote! If only people would take time to see the light in other people more often. Most of us get so focused on ourselves at times, that we forget to notice others. But really, one of the best ways to grow is to engage and share.

Dee Paulino said...

I love that image. So so true

www.therecordologist.blogspot.com