Tuesday, July 10, 2012

set it free ...

i sometimes wonder how much art i have made and NOT documented ... i'm pretty good at taking pics and posting them on flickr and/or here on my blog ... but there are lots of times that i don't ....especially during blog lulls .....  the five platters above are an example ... this pic was taken at my pottery class in may, they are just glazed, ready to fire.... and then before the month was over, i gave them all away ... without another pic to show you how they turned out ... but they turned out well enough to be gifted... three of them were teacher gifts .... and gone they are .... (that sounded like yoda, huh?)

when i first started working in earnest on being an artist, i used to worry that i'd end up with a basement full of hundreds of canvases and ceramic pieces ..... six years later, there is no accumulation of art to worry about .... i'll sell most of the canvases and painted boards .. and i give away most of the pottery .... no worries yet that my children will put the old lady version of me on the hoarders show .... what a relief!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you going to put me on the hoarders show? I have a room full of framed or matted paintings. I can get into the room though and the beds are available for a sleepy guest,,,,,,,,,,,,

e.beck.artist said...

ha! you aren't a hoarder ... yet!