Monday, November 19, 2012

patterns ...

when i was a girl, my mom sewed a lot ... she made dresses from patterns ... the patterns were tan crinkly tissue paper .... in my teens, i sewed a few dresses and skirts for myself .... even in my 20s i made a couple jumpers (it was the 80s, i was a teacher, jumpers were like a uniform).... but i never got as proficient as my mom was at sewing ... 

now i like patterns in my collages ... the paper is cool transparent ... i like the color too ... i like the wrinkles you can make ... 

 i have an art project going with little.e.beck.artist's class ... to make a piece of art to sell at an auction ... instead of taking in a horrifyingly white canvas, i've started it up with some dress pattern tissue paper .... that's a 24 inch square canvas ... nice sized ... 
 and then once i started putting tissue on stuff, i just kept going and put it on things that were just hanging around waiting to get worked on .... 

once again, starting projects ... not finishing them! 


No comments: