Tuesday, May 20, 2008

tuesday is a fine day for art ......

i had an artsy lovely day ..... 
if you look back at yesterday's post, you know i had a PLAN for an artsy lovely day ....
well.... i'm not so great at plans .... cause part of the plan was to clean up the studio .... today, my version of clean up was taking all the junk that had piled up on my work side of the table and piling up on the other side ..... the side where a pal or a kid sometimes works ...or where i lay out papers to dry as i paint them .... so ..... no drying space ....or friend space....or kid space ....until i get my tidy on ..... oh well ..... but i did take this BEFORE pic ....even if i have no after pic to go with it .... so maybe that means it isn't a before pic ....it's an "it is what it is" pic .... and it is a mess! 
if you head over to flickr you can see this pic with notes when you roll over it ..... in case you are wondering about any of that stuff! 

so, after NOT cleaning, i started work on some six inch canvases ..... and actually, canvases are on sale at jerry's artarama TODAY or maybe for the whole memorial weekend .... but they are FAB prices .... creative mark, edge canvases are what i usually order ... and what i ordered box upon box of today...yippee for online shopping ... 
in today's artistic endeavor, i used a tampa map that i got at a garage sale while on spring break in florida ...i chose it today (as opposed to georgia, sc, nc, paris, chicago environs, iowa, idaho, the london underground) because of its blueness..... i though i'd go with the blue....... i cut the map to six inch square pieces .....
i use liquitex mat medium to glue the maps to the canvas ......can you see lake e.beck.artist on this one? 
and here below are the eight canvases i got going .....

here they are again with some fluid acrylic coloring .....
today, i used cobalt teal, ultramarine blue, cerulean blue chromium, cobalt turq., cadmium yellow medium and green gold ..... cobalt teal is the same base color as cobalt turq, it  just has white added to it, so they are the same color family .... my current favorite color family, in fact! i mixed an opaque blue paint with some mat medium to do some letter stamping .... i did four canvases with a darker blue and then added white and did four more canvases ....

here are all eight cavases papered, painted and stamped ......

and here is a close up of four of them .... ready to go ... ready to become whatever it is they are meant to be ..... 
hmmmm .... what will that be? 
did you do art today? 
there's still time! go do something good for yourself ....grab a paint brush, a sharpie, a scissors ..... be artsy..... then tell me what you did ..... even if it was just little .....




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I was artsy
it is the 2nd to last knitting with the gals on tuesday day -- what with the kids out of school and all soon.

yeah for e art
yeah for knitting

jeannie

Very Mary said...

You are a machine! And I love moving my piles from one place to another. To another. And then another. It feels like accomplishment at least!

Darla said...

Looks like you are ready for a big ol' art party. Love the color(s).

Didn't get very arty today myself. I did heat set the colors on my *arted up* shirt tho and hope to finish that project this weekend. I keep finding just one more thing I want to do to it. Do you ever have that problem?

Darla

lynn said...

e.beck.artist-
keep this kind of posting up and i might have to sue you. can't you see you are feeding my still not quite diagnosed sickness?
and if i could "just do it" i wouldn't be trying to diagnose myself, now would i?

I NEED HELP!!!

3rdEyeMuse said...

*giggles*

lake e.beck.artist is north of lake FERN ... fern is the puggle that lives with us ... here in FL of all places ... I got a kick out of that. :)

artsy ... am hoping there's still a little time to get my artsy on ... oh! does getting (another) new do count as artsy?!? I went SHORT! woohoooo! actually, when I'm done here, I think I'll twist some wire - thinking about more beaded God's Eyes, but with wire "sticks" ... hmmm

Kelly Warren said...

thanks so much for the lesson! now i just need some time and motivation....and to move my piles around...and to get through my arts festival this weekend...and to take a vacation...dinner? who needs dinner?! let's order pizza..... K