Thursday, May 1, 2008

may day!

if you are at my house on may first, may day, you won't find a maypole to dance around... but you can admire the climbing roses and the flying pig ... and there's plenty of room to dance ....

i had a lovely may day ....
it started with a nice dog walk ....
then the fifth grade chariot races at school .... my daughter's team won .... zeus's lightning bolts .... it was so fun (funny) to watch .... 
then an end of the tennis season brunch .... three cheers for cheese grits ....
then (finally) home and into the basement .... and i finished el grande orange .... i wish i could really name my painting that ... but i don't really want to do joke name .... so it is called four egg nest .... it is 30 inches square and a LONG time coming ..... i'm most happy just to be done with it ... but i'm also quite happy with how it turned out .... whew! 
so ... whew!
whaddaya think?
was my obsessive compulsive orange worry insane or what? 
at least it is done .... 
now we'll move on to the obsessive compulsive green issue (it is 36 by 48 or something crazy like that...eep!)

happy may day..... 
may is my favorite month...
how 'bout you....what's your favorite month? 

6 comments:

3rdEyeMuse said...

e. this was SO worth the wait - that orange is better than fabulous (and I tend to have more of a thing for blues/greens/purples) I just love the dark to light effect - beautiful work. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH!! Set the wheels in motion ... I have a feeling your peeps will more than rise to the occasion.

would you believe me if I told you that May is my favorite month, too?!?

rock on sistah-goddess-girl!

Darla said...

Super! You always come up with just a little surprise twist - as in the page behind the nest.

Did I miss something? Is your birthday this month? My daughter's in the day before Mother's Day this year.

Darla

Anonymous said...

is it your favorite month due to your birthday falls in mid may???

I love the orange
love the way it is darker on ther right and lighter on the left
beautiful

I too like may -- due to the many flowers that begin to appear here.
But I think I like September best...I am a fall gal
jeannie

Kelly Warren said...

oohh! i love the orange! really gorgeous. and i'm really diggin' the flying pig. i need one of those. you have such a great blog and you are such a amazingly talented artist! ....okay, now that i've buttered you up, i, um, got tagged, and tagged you... :-)

Heidi said...

I love May, too! GrandeOrange is fab! Oh, four-egg-nest... It must be fun to name all your art pieces! I'm not an Orange girl, but your orange is lovely! Have a great weekend!
*Heidi*

Anonymous said...

Wow - beautiful!! I love the page from the book that you placed behind the nest.

The flying pig is pretty cool, too! =)