Sunday, May 4, 2008

mona's heartstrings ....


oh! .... do you see the mysterious haze of mona lisa in the background? i was working on image transfers .....was going for subtle .... and maybe got TOO subtle ... ha .... i'm not sure anyone will see mona if i don't announce her presence! 

i finished two collages on friday and two on saturday ..... and none on sunday .... not bad, though, considering i don't generally paint over the weekends ...... though, that makes me think to tell you, i did paint a bit this morning ... at my LAST journaling class ... i started it in august ... and now we're done ... and i have a pretty groovy filled in journal to show for it ..... 

so, here's my interesting thing .... i am thinking about art every single minute of every single day ... i am going to sleep thinking about art and waking up, still thinking about art .... my show is ten days away and it is ALL i think about .. what's up with that? i'm generally not a worrier, but i'm thinking that's what  this is ... i'm worrying ... or obsessing about the show .... i have been painting like a mad woman .... what if my NEXT piece is the best one .... i better get it done and out of me so that it can hang in the show!  ... i think i have far more pieces that i actually need ... yet, i keep going! i'm pretty sure that once the show is done, i'll just need a nap ..... whew ... makes me a little tired even thinking about all the things i'm thinking .... 

what are you thinking about? 

8 comments:

shrink on the couch said...

I still do not see Mona .. I'm visually challenged, apparently.

I have been thinking about my lost camera ($%^&!) and blogging ... oh and a deposition /affadavit hanging over my head. Procrastination with a capital P.

Tomorrow is THE day.

shrink on the couch said...

oh wait, NOW I see her!! very cool!

Heidi said...

I see her! Very impressive!

Jeannie said...

Ha e I was in your boat this past week...
or at least a very similar boat - I had the big event at the store early in the week - obsessed over that for 2 days - it was great. Then began obsessing over the confirmation party that would be at my house. I was thinking about it at 2am, 3:33am and 5:15am on saturday night -- ugh - I do not worry usually either -- everything was great and now I am sleeping well! -- I saw mona when you said it

Vallen said...

Oh, I like that she is mysterious. Great effect.

Kelly Warren said...

I see Mona! Very cool!

....I'm thinking about a job change so I can have more time to play, both with my children and with my art! Interview tomorrow, 11:30am, send good vibes my way!

Anonymous said...

I can see her - I think that is very cool!

I'm so excited for you and your show - I'm sure everything will be just fine! =)

I,too, have been thinking about painting - alot. I am sketching images and have a few canvases ready...but for some wierd reason, I hesitate to start. Hmmm....

Good luck with your show!!

lynn said...

so my dear, how does one go about purchasing one of said canvases if not at one of your shows?

thank you